3rd round of Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd round of Covid

Well I just got test results and I am on my 3rd round of Covid.. The first round was the worst, last December. I was really fatigued, had a headache, and it caused blood pressure issues for a few months.
    Round 2 was in the summer, congestion, headache, and a cough.
    Round 3 started with a headache, then drainage, a little mucus build up, and a slight fever (99.5). I first got a headache last Friday and figured that it was just a headache. Started getting drainage on Sunday, mucus was slightly colored on Monday and I felt pretty lousy, got on an antibiotic and steroid and the headache and fever went away. Now I have clear mucus and that is it. I have not missed a day of work for it, but will be out today. My company policy is five days from onset of symptoms or until symptom free. I should go back to work tomorrow. Lol.

P.S. I am not vaccinated, nor do I plan on it. Based on my reaction to the virus 3 separate times I would say I will have a pretty strong immunity soon. It is easier each time.

Good luck. Covid can be a bit….uh, a female dog.

Comment

By the timing it sounds like you might have had all 3 variants at this point. If so that would be a very interesting data point on natural immunity's efficacy against new strains. We already know the jab is way less effective in preventing infection against Omicron. Good luck I hope you get to feeling better
      Last edited by JonBoy; 01-05-2022, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't agree with your immune system being strong. Sounds the opposite if your getting sick every 6 months. Sounds like we had your Round 2, I'm glad I missed round 1. Get well brother.

Comment

This ^^^.

How is it that you get exposed that much? I've never had it nor have I ever been around someone who was within 4 weeks of having it, except my sister.

Comment

Wow....I was just in the hospital for a non-covid related condition. They tested me when I was admiited........Negative. Then they tested me again on New Year's day......BINGO.
            I really couldn't feel anything out of the ordinary, other than that I had a slight cough. I had some slight fever with the issue that took me there to begin with, so that was a non-issue, as far as I was concerned.
            Glad you're doing better now.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              I wouldn't agree with your immune system being strong. Sounds the opposite if your getting sick every 6 months. Sounds like we had your Round 2, I'm glad I missed round 1. Get well brother.
              this. Also, you've been exposed 3 times?

Comment

My son just came home from work yesterday with his 3rd bout of Covid. He is unvaccinated and I told him his immune system should be extremely robust given how many times he has had it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  This ^^^.

How is it that you get exposed that much? I've never had it nor have I ever been around someone who was within 4 weeks of having it, except my sister.

Buggy at grocery store, handle on gas pump, salt shake at a resultant etc. There is an unlimited number of ways to get exposed

Comment

I've been down with it for 10 days..
                    Just tested positive again yesterday
                    With symptoms worsening over the last
                    4 days.. Got an inhaler and steroids yesterday
                    And I feel a little better this morning.
                    I'm just exhausted like never before..

Comment

Are you testing at the same facility every time? We were using a local place for our employees and almost every test was coming back positive. We changed test facilities and suddenly most were negative for Covid and being diagnosed as flu, sinus infections, etc...
                      Some strange results out there

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        This ^^^.

Unless you live in the country and don't see many people very often I would imagine you (all of us) are exposed to it more often than you might think. I can guarantee you that if you go to HEB, or something similar, someone in there has it.

If you have kids in school I think you are probably exposed to it, in some fashion, a couple times a month at least. But I ain't no doctor and I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Buggy at grocery store, handle on gas pump, salt shake at a resultant etc. There is an unlimited number of ways to get exposed
                          yes sir.

Comment

Same exact experience I had. Glad you feel better.

I wouldn't have known I had Covid the second time if I wasn't didn't ride in a truck for 4 hours with a confirmed positive case the Sunday before. I would've thought allergies was the culprit. The first time I KNEW I had Covid.

Omicron has just enough differences in the spike protein and nucleocapsid to create issues for natural immunity. Same as is with the vaccinated folks.
                            Last edited by SB09; 01-05-2022, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                              Unless you live in the country and don't see many people very often I would imagine you (all of us) are exposed to it more often than you might think. I can guarantee you that if you go to HEB, or something similar, someone in there has it.

If you have kids in school I think you are probably exposed to it, in some fashion, a couple times a month at least. But I ain't no doctor and I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in quite a while.
                              This is true without a doubt.

It's just a matter of how much, for how long, you're exposed to as it was explained to me. Then, it's a matter of whether your body is able to neutralize that amount of virus you get.

Comment

Working...
                              X