No announcement yet.

Satellite Internet for Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WiFi that was installed via NextLink is very strong. We signed a contract and it’s working awesome! My kids were playing their games, the wife was watching Netflix, and I was working and we didn’t have any lag times. NextLink uses point to point, not satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
      The WiFi that was installed via NextLink is very strong. We signed a contract and it’s working awesome! My kids were playing their games, the wife was watching Netflix, and I was working and we didn’t have any lag times. NextLink uses point to point, not satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ok. So they put a small dish on your house that points to their tower. That is the kind of internet we went to with Community Internet Providers to replace that god awful satellite crap.

Night and day difference and it works great for us. We had to have a 60’ tower installed to get over the trees but glad we did it.

Glad you got that instead of satellite internet.

Comment

Yes, it’s a dish pointed to their antenna and we didn’t need any type of pole as they attached it directly to our roof. It’s great Wifi and we can have up to 20 users at once. Please PM me if anyone needs any contact info.

Comment

We've got Viasat at the house and the ranch both. I'm on the waiting list for Starlink and it keeps getting pushed back. Ranch is uber rural and no next link available in the area. House is in a creek bottom of sorts very low point with tons of tall trees. I'd need a 120' antenna to bounce a nextlink signal probably.

I'm hopeful that star link will have enough satellites launched by the time its released at my house because I don't have a ton of sky to point towards.

Overall Viasat has been ok but is really all I've known or had available for the last 5 years outside of being at the office.

Comment

HughesNet is worthless. It supports very basic internet usage. Could not stream video or get any reasonable response times so I could not work. I paid to cancel my contract and just hotspot off my phone. Verizon service is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
              Oh ok. So they put a small dish on your house that points to their tower. That is the kind of internet we went to with Community Internet Providers to replace that god awful satellite crap.

Night and day difference and it works great for us. We had to have a 60’ tower installed to get over the trees but glad we did it.

Glad you got that instead of satellite internet.
              curious as to where you got your tower

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post

Installer out of Wills Point. PM me and I can send you the info.

Comment

Satellite Internet for Ranch

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  We've got Viasat at the house and the ranch both. I'm on the waiting list for Starlink and it keeps getting pushed back. Ranch is uber rural and no next link available in the area. House is in a creek bottom of sorts very low point with tons of tall trees. I'd need a 120' antenna to bounce a nextlink signal probably.

I'm hopeful that star link will have enough satellites launched by the time its released at my house because I don't have a ton of sky to point towards.

Overall Viasat has been ok but is really all I've known or had available for the last 5 years outside of being at the office.

Viasat is the anti-Christ. Worst quality of service I have ever had in anything I have ever purchased. The cost of that bull**** slow internet is beyond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                    CIP most likely gave him a list that had 3 or 4 different tower installers on it, as they do no in house builds.
                    They all source their towers from East Texas Towers, except one of them, and he uses a local machining shop.
                    The easiest and cheapest way is to find one not being used, cut 2 of the legs, and the 3rd one half way, and lay it down pretty as you please.
                    People will let you have them for free just to get rid of them.
                    Most these guys will put one up for you for less than half of the cost of new.
                    Just google rohn-25 and and you will see several options to purchase, but freight will eat your *** up right now.
                    There is also a guy out of Waco who has used ones, and he can be found on craigslist.
                    You want to work out an express or come pick it up, I'll let you have one for cost.

Comment

Working...
                    X