2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Capt Glen. Not sure if you keep and eat fish but if you do keep these. I Don’t really care for reds and specks but will keep every pomp I catch
    I do keep the ones we catch and they are very good. I've eaten a bunch of them over the years. Some days in the surf we catch a handful of them while fishing live shrimp for trout.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
      Me and a buddy caught a bunch yesterday. Lots of little ones, but managed to scratch out a limit and 4 reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Congrats!

Comment

Good day social distancing with my 80 year old pops today.

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post

Awesome.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

That’s awesome Gary, good times with your dad, thanks for sharing. That’s a solid trout!

Comment

Gary. That is the best report I’ve seen on this thread. Awesome gift for both of yall

Comment

Great times there! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Gary. That is the best report I’ve seen on this thread. Awesome gift for both of yall
                    Yep - I miss mine - he had me fishing at 6 - San Luis Pass campouts - back when that inlet was raw and undeveloped. Tents, white gas lanterns, flounder gigs and fishing rods. Did this for years.....grew up......He drove me to the Gulf Coast Fishing pier every Friday night, summer break and fished all night there before leaving me there, and coming back a day or two later to pick me up with a cooler full of fish.

Our last surf trip together, had him on BHP hooked up on a couple of bullreds with his favorite custom rod - he is dearly missed.

Comment

That's good stuff!

Comment

I got to fish with my son this morning. He doesn't get to fish near as much as you'd think he would. After he got out of school for Christmas Break we spent a few days at the deer lease and then hit the bay this morning for our Christmas Eve dinner. We fished about 2.5 hours this morning and caught a nice mess of fish and released a bunch more. All drifting shell and throwing plum/chart and roach colored 5" Bass Assassins on 1/4 oz heads in 5' of water.

Comment

Good deal Glenn. Tiff showed me he got him a pretty cool deer too.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Good deal Glenn. Tiff showed me he got him a pretty cool deer too.
                            Yeah he did. He likes those unique deer.

Comment

Anyone have any guide suggestions for Port Aransas/Aransas Pass inshore fishing this spring?

I want to book a trip for my brother and Dad before they start filling up, and give me something to look forward to after the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                                Yep - I miss mine - he had me fishing at 6 - San Luis Pass campouts - back when that inlet was raw and undeveloped. Tents, white gas lanterns, flounder gigs and fishing rods. Did this for years.....grew up......He drove me to the Gulf Coast Fishing pier every Friday night, summer break and fished all night there before leaving me there, and coming back a day or two later to pick me up with a cooler full of fish.

Our last surf trip together, had him on BHP hooked up on a couple of bullreds with his favorite custom rod - he is dearly missed.

Ah, man. I lost my Dad when I was 26, and miss him dearly. He was my hunting/fishing partner, mentor, hero, everything to me. 25 years have flown by so ya'll enjoy every minute you have with them. God bless and ya'll have a very Merry Christmas. Oh, hitting West Matty this morning with the Bro in law. I'll post what we find.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X