Career Change for Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career Change for Wife

My wife has been in the health care industry for about 15 years now, the last 6 as the manager of the radiology deployment at our local hospital. She's done with health care, they've made her hate it so bad she wants nothing to do with it anymore, and I can't blame her. Now, a vaccine mandate being implemented is pretty much the final straw.

So she's looking for something new, but isn't exactly sure which direction she wants to go. Working from home appeals to her, she doesn't mind office jobs, the real estate/home construction areas interest her.

So she's looking for some occupation ideas, is willing to get more training. Curious if anyone here was ever in the same boat. Maybe someone here could be hiring in these areas? Or know some leads?

The area that we live in is not exactly the most populated by any means, and unfortunately relocating isn't an option right now

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I was a manager in a hospital until about 2 years ago. That ruined me of working in a hospital or a for a hospital system.

I didn’t get out of healthcare all together. I went to work for an insurance company not knowing what I was getting myself into. I just gave it a shot. I had to start lower than what I wanted but chose this over another offer that I had with a hospital system.

Pay-wise was less but I started working from home. No driving, no hours wasted driving, less hours. So, pay balanced out.

I had no clue about the insurance side of things. There are so many different pieces. I work for a group that strategizes with providers to manage patients. I’ve been able to learn and advance in the 2 years I have been there. Completely different from where I was.

I say all that to say, don’t let the hospital ruin it for her if she really has a passion for healthcare. There are other options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of opportunities for her still within healthcare for sure. Work as a trainer for an imaging equipment company, teaching rad CT/X-ray at a program close to home, etc.

Is the vaccine mandate because of CMS?

Comment

Pharmo salesperson. She obviously knows the medicines and the system. Contact a pharmo company and see if they have an opening

Comment

Building materials industry is booming right now. Look at home l builders also…working in the office or in the sales department. She might also look at medical sales with her experience. Radiology is a big business especially with all the free standing facilities now days. Best of luck to you guys!

Comment

Working...
          X