Hunting lease license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting lease license

I just got my licenses and was wondering how many people that lease get the hunting lease license. I have two large leases so it's over $500. My owners are out of town so I try and take care of everything because they do not know the laws and I feel they would just pass the expense on to us any way.
    I have asked other guys in the county and surrounding counties and they either did not know about it or said it was the owners responsibility.
    The game warden in our area has never asked about it and eluded that I was the only one getting them. But he did say he appreciated me getting them.

As land owners we get it every year. I’m sure many don’t buy it, but the law says it’s needed, so we do it.

Comment

I do every year. The warden comes by and checks it - every year.

Comment

It is the landowners responsibility. That being said, you can bet the cost will be passed on to you. I’ve been running a lease since 1989 and have never been asked to show it. I still have it every year just in case.

Comment

I didn't know this was a thing until I saw it on Lonestar Law lol

Comment

If you have a wildlife management coop in your county and join you can get your lease license through the coop as a group much cheaper.

Comment

Lease licenses and some counties like Harris where hunters have to have written permission to be allowed to hunt on them.

Cash grabs by our lovely state

Comment

We get one every year for the ranches we lease to hunters. The GW stopped by opening day several years ago and I offered to show it to him and he said we were ok because he had checked on line to see if we had one before he came by. So I'm assuming they have access to the records for property that is leased to hunters to see if a lease license has been purchased. My understanding is you do not need a lease license if you do not have paid hunters and you let family and friends hunt free only. Maybe a GW on here can clarify.

Comment

GW in San Saba checked ours.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's just more government theft.

Comment

Get it every year as well.

Just my 2 cents, but join a WMA and as being a member and getting your lease license through this process makes it dramatically cheaper.

Comment

Why not just get a letter from the landowner stating you have permission to hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          Why not just get a letter from the landowner stating you have permission to hunt?

The landowner is suppose to pay for a lease license in order to charge people to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            The landowner is suppose to pay for a lease license in order to charge people to hunt
                            But what if the LO doesn’t claim he’s getting paid anything!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              But what if the LO doesn’t claim he’s getting paid anything!!

Then I guess he’s ok

He’s not leasing it, he’s giving permission to hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X