Any gulf coast boat owners here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any gulf coast boat owners here?

Looks like I might pull the trigger on a 2001 classic powered by a 2001 Yamaha vmax 150. Before I buy just looking to hear from experienced Gulf Coast owners.

Finally breaking down and jumping into a boat, huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
      Finally breaking down and jumping into a boat, huh.
      I have one now but this would be a huge upgrade.

Comment

No one has one?

Comment

I had one and absolutely loved the layout/format for what I needed. Their hull is based on the old Boston Whaler design.

They are well thought out boats for folks who like to fish.

Comment

Well... first we need pics of said boat...

Comment

An ‘01 Classic with a 150 yama hammer is the boat equivalent of a 2000’s z71 Silverado with a 5.3 vortec. Classic combination of hull and engine. We ran one for years, caught lots of fish out of that boat. Smooth riding, trailered well, good fish-a-bility. If it was well maintained in its previous life.. I think you’ll be very happy. Tight lines amigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not an owner but I've ridden in a couple. HATE the bow rise on those things, the one would rise so high on hole shot you were lucky to be able to see where you're going. From what I understand the models with the keyslot transom are much better with that. I really like the layout and the boat, runs smooth and shallow enough to get you to most places without too much worry.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  I'm not an owner but I've ridden in a couple. HATE the bow rise on those things, the one would rise so high on hole shot you were lucky to be able to see where you're going. From what I understand the models with the keyslot transom are much better with that. I really like the layout and the boat, runs smooth and shallow enough to get you to most places without too much worry.
                  Something wasn’t setup right in that boat or it was underpowered to pop it up fast.

Comment

Tanto, is it. 18V, 20V, 24V? High side, Low side, or Vari-side?

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2182.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	24607732

Comment

Eeek at buyin antique motors. Good luck cuz

Comment

I also liked them, but I don’t think I could get used to the console being that close to the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by tanto View Post
                              An ‘01 Classic with a 150 yama hammer is the boat equivalent of a 2000’s z71 Silverado with a 5.3 vortec. Classic combination of hull and engine. We ran one for years, caught lots of fish out of that boat. Smooth riding, trailered well, good fish-a-bility. If it was well maintained in its previous life.. I think you’ll be very happy. Tight lines amigo.

Agree with this. With that said, 2001 motor, she is probably about ready for some new power. Even with that, at the right price, that's a great way to step into a solid boat without breaking the bank. I've fished on this model many times. Only negatives to me are -
                              - Speed; not a fast boat by any means. Even with a 150, you are looking at 35-40 wot
                              - low sides are not great for children

Comment

Working...
                              X