6.5x300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5x300

Ive been looking for something to get this 6.5 bee on a killing streak. I just cant shoot the sirroccos on these hogs anymore b/c of the $$$$. I have almost 160 pieces of brass and today I bought 200 of the privi 156 gr rn sp. Im sending the components off to Dallas reloads to get them rolled up. Im guessing to see speeds around 3k to 3100 fps. should be hell on game. We will see. Has anyone ever used this bullet??? I see tons of them shot from old swedes running about 2400 fps and people love them for elk. I cant find how they will hold up to faster impacts. your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They probably won't hold up at higher vel well, my bet is they will come apart on impact and not penetrate well

Comment

i looked and at 100 yds they would be around 2800 fps. 270 shoots cup and core faster than that.

Comment

The RNSP is kind of anti-Weatherby. The low BC will erode the bullet’s velocity quickly, and the only reason for a Weatherby is the higher velocity. I don’t know that I would trust that bullet inside 200yds, though once it slows down to its optimal velocity range, it should do well.

I never understood the 117gr RNSP in the 257 Weatherby either. A 25-06 with a streamlined bullet outperforms it easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You are a Ferrari owner complaining about the price of gas.
          Get you a daily driver and load that bullet to 24-2500fps and kill hogs just as dead and cheaper to boot.

Oh, with less noise and recoil.

Comment

I shoot this same bullet out of my .264 Win Mag and they do great. I have never shot any pigs at more than 150 yards so they all hit going "real" fast. They always go all the way through and make a massive mess in their wake. Like most cup and core lead bullets lots of lead shears off the tips and I find little lead fragments in the wound channels. For those who don't get it these cost 22 dollars per 100. So thats why, and the BC is not that bad. If I had your weatherby I would run GS HV bullets at light speed. .75 cents per bullet though.

Comment

thanks. thicket. ive got plenty of rifles that shoot great and that costs me literally nothing to shoot. But I want to shoot this chambering with this bullet. not only do i think it will be awesome but if you kill as many hogs as i do price of shot is real. its not the ammo thar is too expensive thats the kick in the sack. News Flash there is absolutely No ammo. since when is .524 terrible for a B.C.?

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                thanks. thicket. ive got plenty of rifles that shoot great and that costs me literally nothing to shoot. But I want to shoot this chambering with this bullet. not only do i think it will be awesome but if you kill as many hogs as i do price of shot is real. its not the ammo thar is too expensive thats the kick in the sack. News Flash there is absolutely No ammo. since when is .524 terrible for a B.C.?
                NP Friend, I actually thought about buying a 6.5-300 bee myself as I to love the .264 caliber. They are really cheap for the Vangaurd models. 150 a box for ammo made me say no thanks. My .264 is a super nice old custom gun with a 27" barrel so it's close enough to the new Bee. .524BC is AWESOME but like my name says it's a thicket and shots are always close. Good luck killing pigs. I got 19 last year, hope to do better this year. But I don't shoot enough in general to worry too much about cost. Enjoy your new gun, feel free to post a pic.

Comment

was going to to send them to reloads of dallas but it seems he has fell back into the old ways of having no customer service. hate to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                    was going to to send them to reloads of dallas but it seems he has fell back into the old ways of having no customer service. hate to hear it.

I’m currently weathering this storm.

jrg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X