CZ Arms buys out Colt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CZ Arms buys out Colt

Gun manufacturer Colt, an American legend and Connecticut fixture for nearly 175 years, could come under European ownership in a deal being negotiated with a Czech firearms company. Ceská zb…

&#9664Previous Post Next Post▶ Apparently struggling since emerging from bankruptcy in 2016, Colt has likely drawn the eye of potential buyers ever since. Now, thanks to CZ (Česká zbrojovka) parent company CZ Group’s public filings, we know it is attempting to purchase all of Colt’s Manufacturing Company‘s assets and is well along in this process. […]

Interesting !

Comment

wow...

Comment

I thought CZ was out of business?

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
          I thought CZ was out of business?

Didn't even know that was a rumor. They seem to have their stuff together very well.

This will be good if true. A Dan Wesson built 1911 with classic Colt roll marks will be high on the want list. Hopefully they keep it classic and go carbon steel instead of stainless.

Comment

CZ is building a factory in Arkansas. Maybe there will be Arkansas built Colts.

Comment

I’m happy with this. CZ makes great stuff

Comment

I am a CZ fan

Comment

What!!!!!

Comment

I only have one CZ, the CZ527 Varmint in 17 Remington and I am shooting it over my Remington 700 BDL in 17 Rem. It is a very nice rifle and I hope they do very well.

Comment

CZ also owns Dan Wesson. Dan Wesson has a line of simiauto 1911 that are of great quality. And only makes one revolver now, a stainless 15VH. CZ also has a rifle line to include a Scorpion EVO 3 A1 model that's only available to Mil and LE. You will find some shotguns under their name also.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-12-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

One falters and goes away, another grows!!! Smells like the economic system always prevails.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Owned a CZ in 7x57 I never should have sold. Waiting on a .223 CZ to ship to me from the buyer.

Comment

CZ may make good products, but "Colt" is an American Iconic Brand. I hate to see it gone.

Hopefully they can continue to produce and stamp their products with "Colt" under the supervision of CZ...
                            Last edited by ATI; 01-13-2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Well that’s good news if they can mange it properly. Don’t really see a reason why they can’t.

Personally, I’d like to see them bring back the old Colt Sauer style rifles. Even if it’s a limited run.

It’s a 70’s-80’s scratch I never got to itch.[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X