No announcement yet.

Charging a process fee for whitetail question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give them the deer and they can give you a 50.00 tip, or 50.00 delivery fee.

Comment

Yes it’s legal.

Comment

Sell em the ice to ice it down.

Comment

Processors charge to do it....

Or free deer with purchase of 20# bag of ice... $50

Comment

Why is selling Whitetail meat illegal?

What about dickering for Whitetail meat?

IMO. Permitted meat. Free trade.
            Thanks for asking STX.

Comment

Originally posted by stx View Post
              I’d give them away whole but nobody wants a whole deer now adays. Everyone wants. It already processed.
              ...Not says the landscape crew down the road.

You must be swole up.

You wanna dicker?

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                sell a doe hunt didn't say if they were dead or alive
                lol!

Comment

Every processor in the State charges a processing fee. Nothing illegal about it.

You are simply proving a service, not selling venison

Comment

Charging a process fee for whitetail question

I read this as you killing your own does, processing them and then finding some folks to “give” the meat to, that would give you $50 for “processing the meat”. If that’s the case, I think TPW would frown on that. If you are charging folks to clean deer they killed on their tags for them, then I think you’d be ok .

Last edited by Smart; 01-07-2021, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Illegal,

Comment

I give them away all the time. I’m just happy to have someone who will use the meat. The coolers I use are not always in the best of shape. I have had two people give me a new cooler as their gratitude for the venison.

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
                          If you shoot a deer and take to processor and they paid for skinning and quartering. Would be same except someone else gets paid to do the work.
                          The processor doesn't shoot the deer. I think the OP wants to shoot the deer.

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Why is selling Whitetail meat illegal?

What about dickering for Whitetail meat?

IMO. Permitted meat. Free trade.
                          Thanks for asking STX.
                          The same reason selling fish is illegal. Because too many people would kill more deer and fish for money. Most TPWD laws are about conservation.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I read this as you killing your own does, processing them and then finding some folks to “give” the meat to, that would give you $50 for “processing the meat”. If that’s the case, I think TPW would frown on that. If you are charging folks to clean deer they killed on their tags for them, then I think you’d be ok .

This ^^^^^ yes “if” you’re talking about deer you killed and trying to call it a skinning/processing fee that won’t work. The deer you are charging someone to skin, quarter, etc. better have their tag on it and not yours.

If those “extra does” are alive and someone else kills them and gives you $50 for the service then you should be fine.
                            Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-07-2021, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Any GW can easily make the argument that your intent is to shoot them and sell them. A processor can do it because they didn't shoot it, you are providing the meat for him to butcher, he is not selling you meat. If you let someone else shoot and tag it, then it's not illegal because you're selling a service, not a deer.

Comment

Don't think it is legal. But to through a wrench in it, processors sell deer meat (there service) after season from people that did not pay for there deer processing.

Comment

Working...
                                X