Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice on artificial lure for gar fish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advice on artificial lure for gar fish.

So all of this rain had washed a mess of 14 to 18 inch gar into a river drainage behind my aunts place. They are stacked in there pretty good. My cousin says he’s tried shad when they are in there like that but didn’t have a lot of luck with the fast current. Any advice on a good artificial lure they might like. The water is about 3 feet deep max with poor visibility and a fast flow. But I can see them rising and falling in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen people use a 6" piece of nylon rope. They tie it on there line and just unravel the nylon up about 5inches. The fish get caught on the frayed nylon line. Slow retrieve.

Comment

22 rifle for the most fun

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
        I have seen people use a 6" piece of nylon rope. They tie it on there line and just unravel the nylon up about 5inches. The fish get caught on the frayed nylon line. Slow retrieve.

This... any color will work, as long as it’s yellow.

Comment

perfect for a bowfish rig, as for lures, I have caught them on heddon super spook bone color

Comment

Good bowfishing rig

Comment

Try bait shrimp.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                This is what the Ozarks folks use---get a crappie jig, remove its skirt, add the rope, secure with a small zip-tie, and get after 'em.

Comment

Top water lures. I’ve had the most luck with torpedoes

Comment

White zoom trick worm rigged with a kink in it open hook, behind a swivel.

Comment

Working...
                    X