Bosses Poll - Leaders or Dictators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosses Poll - Leaders or Dictators

Out of curiosity, how many of you feel that your boss is a good leader and how many feel that your boss if more of a dictator?

In my entire life, spanning a multitude of jobs, I've had exactly 1 boss, that was a leader. All the rest were as useless as tits on a boar. Had he been able to pay me more, I could have worked for that man the rest of my life.
    Most people who wind up in a position of authority, believe they have become someone lol, and treat the rest as such.

Comment

Leader

Comment

if anything he is too easy... we get along great and he does lead by example, real forgiving fellow too

Comment

Leader.

Comment

Leader.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              In my entire life, spanning a multitude of jobs, I've had exactly 1 boss, that was a leader. All the rest were as useless as tits on a boar. Had he been able to pay me more, I could have worked for that man the rest of my life.
              Most people who wind up in a position of authority, believe they have become someone lol, and treat the rest as such.
              My previous job was a nightmare. I thought the guy was just making conversation when the statement was made by him that he had no patience and might shoot someone. It didn’t matter that you were stuck in traffic with a few miles of cars bumper to bumper caused by trains stopping on the tracks. He was well aware of this occurring more than one time per day, but it didn’t matter to him. He had NO PATIENCE for anything or anyone. He ruled the world or so he thought. Constant belittling and condescending remarks from him and his goon. Nothing about that job was true as I was told in the interview. You couldn’t even quit for the day when the work was done. It was as though you were a slave.

When machinery broke down and you informed the boss about it, you didn’t know what you were talking about unless it occurred in his presence. We had been working since 7 am that morning and now it was 11 pm. Everything was your fault somehow. Not sure how I lasted almost two weeks there. Had enough of the stupidity and walked away one morning without saying anything disrespectful. That was my experience with a dictator.
              Last edited by Worksalot; 09-06-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

My boss does a decent job, however, I wish he would hold EVERYONE accountable for doing their jobs. Just because the boss isn't around doesn't mean you get to sit there and do nothing and there is too much of that going down.

Comment

The best bosses take the view of being the employee of the producer and helping the producer do their job better.

Comment

Been working for the same guy 37 years and the fact we grew up together , 2 years older, puts me in a little different situation. I view things different than a new hire but it has been a blessing for me to hook up with him. He always treats everybody fair and encourages a positive attitude. Also has a dove hunt at his ranch and we bream fish at Caddo lake in the spring. Keeps me happy and everyone else too.

Comment

Have rotating supervisors so it just depends on the luck of the draw... But I will say there are very few leaders where I work... I have been fortunate to work for a leader over the last two years and change...
                      Last edited by Pedernal; 09-06-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Leader......
                        Plus he knows I'll whoop his arse if he ever crosses me.

Comment

Leader

Comment

One out of twenty has been a good leader and the company kept him handcuffed as much as they could. The rest have been spot fillers. My team doesn't require much supervision. Some try to run a dictatorship and nitpick the small stuff never really making a difference. Some just sit back and enjoy the ride, until they get promoted.

Comment

I've had 4 jobs in my life and have been very fortunate to have bosses who are much more leader than dictator. I'd say all of them realized they are only as good as those who work for them. A couple said that quite often.

Comment

Working...
                              X