Stockshow Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stockshow Season 2018-2019

Well we picked up our first goat for the new upcoming season today. Picking up 2 others in about 3 weeks. Looking forward to a new year with new projects

We've had two calves in the barn since March. American (first time for us) and a black exotic. We're having a ball so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
      We've had two calves in the barn since March. American (first time for us) and a black exotic. We're having a ball so far!
      My son would be all about the calves but I am making them wait a few years before we move into the cattle

Comment

Got a wether lamb out of Nebraska a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I work with a guy that clips calves for shows, he will busy for a while when they start showing

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
            Well we picked up our first goat for the new upcoming season today. Picking up 2 others in about 3 weeks. Looking forward to a new year with new projects

Picked up one goat last weekend and the next is coming home tomorrow. Also going to check out the maroon and white sale at College Station Sunday.

You going to majors or county. First goat is a major goat and the next two are county goats with a chance at majors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck with your goats. It won’t be long our barn will be full of pigs. We’re expecting four litters from Aug 10 to Sept 15. This is Baby Girls Sr Year. Gonna be a fun but tough year.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
                Picked up one goat last weekend and the next is coming home tomorrow. Also going to check out the maroon and white sale at College Station Sunday.

You going to majors or county. First goat is a major goat and the next two are county goats with a chance at majors.

My son wanted 2 goats again this year so he will show at a major and county. My daughter only wanted one this year so she will only show at county. My daughter competes in a lot of different contests at the majors so she wanted to concentrate on that this year. She will go to every major and State Fair and compete in the Livestock Judging contests. She will do public speaking contest at State Fair and San Antonio. She will compete in the Horse Skills Competition at San Antonio as well. She is also thinking of competing in the Team Penning Competition in Houston as well. We will see but it will be a super busy show season for us again this year

Comment

Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                    My son wanted 2 goats again this year so he will show at a major and county. My daughter only wanted one this year so she will only show at county. My daughter competes in a lot of different contests at the majors so she wanted to concentrate on that this year. She will go to every major and State Fair and compete in the Livestock Judging contests. She will do public speaking contest at State Fair and San Antonio. She will compete in the Horse Skills Competition at San Antonio as well. She is also thinking of competing in the Team Penning Competition in Houston as well. We will see but it will be a super busy show season for us again this year

Sounds like your going to be a lot busier than I will be. I am ready for them to move on too cattle but they aren’t quite ready yet. Goats will get them plenty of ring time for a little less money if we do it right.

Comment

My son raises show pigs. They started having babies two days ago. And so it begins.

Comment

Well starting to look for jackpot shows now. There are a ton posted already and more will be added I am sure

Comment

We went and got Twerpy a sheep a couple weeks ago, decided to name him Kebaaab.

She’s been working him twice a day, leading and exercising him, working hard.

She is also raising a rabbit, a Holland Lop.

Her and Mrs are looking at jackpot shows, deciding which ones we will go to. It’s gonna be a busy and exciting season.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

We started July 7th. We will have 23 litters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X