Zeus Broadhead Test vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeus Broadhead Test vid

I just finished a test of the new Zeus broadhead. It's really unique to say the least. Check it out.

Interesting bh. Great review

Comment

That's a pretty cool head. Maybe one of our regular pig shooters can give it a try and report back.

Comment

You punished it and it survived.. Im impressed...

Comment

I am equally impressed! Have you tested the VIP Veteran broadhead yet?

Comment

Thanks!
            I really like your videos.

Comment

The problem with testing heads in destruction test. Shooting one head is meaningless. In this test the head did good. The test a saw it bent all to hell . I test for people. You need 3 head minimum and if one fails out of the three then you must go to 10 heads to properly test. Manufactures work on a 10% fail. So as long as it’s no more then 10% it’s good.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                The problem with testing heads in destruction test. Shooting one head is meaningless. In this test the head did good. The test a saw it bent all to hell . I test for people. You need 3 head minimum and if one fails out of the three then you must go to 10 heads to properly test. Manufactures work on a 10% fail. So as long as it’s no more then 10% it’s good.
                Hey Eric, have you tested the Veteran?

Comment

Again, really do appreciate your time and efforts with the testing of these broadheads.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                    Hey Eric, have you tested the Veteran?
                    Yes. Now I didn’t test the one with the new release collar.

I didn’t do any destruction test. Only animals. I shot one axis. One white tail doe. Two rams and several hogs. I broke one blade after passing through on an axis. No other head was broke. I was 50/50 if it open.

I tested the 175gr head also. About 2 years ago on that one. All same results. But only shot a few hogs with it.

Now when people test broadheads and they only test one of them and show results, I don’t take a lot of that to heart. You need to test min three and ten is better.

To many variables that must be looked at just to shoot once and say it’s good or bad.

Example for arrows. I’m a blackeagle arrow person. I shot the carnivores. Love them have broken very few while hunting. I was doing a test for a company the other day. I shot three heads and destroyed all three of the arrows. Does this mean there bad arrows. Not at all. This is why test like this although are useful tools. Sometimes gives false results. I don’t think the op is doing anything like that. He is giving his opinion like we all do. But we all know what one Pearson think is good the other thinks it’s crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntr64 View Post
                      I just finished a test of the new Zeus broadhead. It's really unique to say the least. Check it out.
                      https://youtu.be/5TqZxCjYhCQ
                      I noticed in this test you didn’t shoot the cinder block like you do in the other test you do. Why not?.

This makes test look one sided.

Comment

Zeus Broadhead Test vid

Well, I shot 3 different heads total. One at distance (into my Rhinhart multiple times). and then one into the 2 layers of MDF and one into the MDF at and angle and into the steel and MDF combo. If I had more than that I’d test them as well. I know the more different heads you shoot the more reliable the test; this is just one set of data for consideration, not an exhaustive/fool proof test. But with all three of the ones I shot, they held up very well.

And if you’d like to buy me 10 heads I’d be happy to test them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Bowhuntr64; 06-18-2019, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I noticed in this test you didn’t shoot the cinder block like you do in the other test you do. Why not?.

This makes test look one sided.

I only use the cinder block for heads for true fixed blade heads, and usually only those made of all steel. I’ve used it for Exodus, Tooth of the Arrow, Solid, Bishop, Iron Will, German Kinetics, and Sik. For heads that are not designed for zero penetration, like mechs or Magnus or I don’t even do that anymore; I know what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                            That's a pretty cool head. Maybe one of our regular pig shooters can give it a try and report back.

Yeah, I wish I had a hog hunt coming up; that’s one of my favorite ways to test heads.

Comment

Any other reviews on the Zeus? Everything I've seen looks good. Anyone gotten a chance to shoot something with them?

Comment

Working...
                              X