No announcement yet.

JM Ranch - The Family Has a Ranch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you have a doe problem. With a small low fenced place I'd welcome as many doe as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
      I don't think you have a doe problem. With a small low fenced place I'd welcome as many doe as possible.
      I run 10-15 trail cameras year round, have had a pretty extensive camera survey the past two years. The buck to doe ratio is 1:3, it should be closer to 1:1.

Comment

Congrats! Momma and I are considering pulling up stakes in Granbury and heading south/southwest. Good for you and your family and enjoy!!

Comment

Congratulations to have a place where your family can gather wit common interests. Y’all have a beautiful place.

From past experiences that over grown buzzard with that white head will work on the fish in your pond if you have an automatic fish feeder.

Comment

Here are some quick pictures from the brush removal this weekend. The lane you are looking down runs parallel to a food plot, will be perfect for a ground blind. The front of the blind will look about 80 yards down an old road and the food plots is down the side of the blind. Had some hanging vines to remove, took about two minutes to get it completely cleared up. The lane runs about 60 yards into the thick stuff, took this machine 25 minutes to clear a lane that was 10 yards across and 60 yards deep.
            Attached Files

Comment

This fella is pretty stout.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                This fella is pretty stout.
                Got him last night, always nice when that Covert wakes me up at night haha.

Comment

very, very nice sir!!! Kongrats to your dad and family.

Comment

We have not seen any turkeys but I find turkey feathers four or five times a year. We have seen them down the road from us.
                    Saw the first two hens on the place a couple weeks ago!

Comment

Saw the first two hens on the place a couple weeks ago!

Thats exciting! I hope some day theres a decent turkey population around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                        Thats exciting! I hope some day theres a decent turkey population around here.
                        That would be great! It is going to be a tough fight though with all the coyotes and hogs.

Comment

This is a cool thread, I'll be following. Wife and I are looking for a place west of you.

Comment

Super jealous, that's my dream right there.

Comment

That would be great! It is going to be a tough fight though with all the coyotes and hogs.

No doubt. But theyre thick in south texas so theres hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                                No doubt. But theyre thick in south texas so theres hope.
                                True that!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments, we are very thankful and blessed. I am fortunate to have young grandparents, I am able to spend a lot of time with them at the property before they get very old.

Comment

Working...
                                X