No announcement yet.

Bayboat debate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the big console, with a big T top. It's nice to be able to get some shade between wades, even moreso off shore.

Comment

Whaler

I love my Dauntless.
      I would love to have a Dauntless 270

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
        What bays and areas are your primary areas to fish, how about secondary?

I would have a different answer for Sabine/Galveston as I would Port Mansfield etc.
        Sabine/ Galveston is where it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
          A friend of mine recently acquired a bunch of money, and is looking into buying a new bay boat. He is looking for a 24'-25' bay boat good for everything from shallow running, to fishing the rough water at the jetties. He will probably take it off shore a little ways if the weather is right as well. What say you green screen, what is the absolute best bay boat on the market if you don't really have a budget? This is very foreign to me, but he is asking me to help him make sure he has a boat he'll feel ok about dropping so much money on. Here are the important features. Handles rough water well, dry, plenty deck space, and all around well built (doesn't want to worry about having a bunch of petty stuff break).
          I would like to formally apply for a friendship as well. I’m also in the Beaumont area and will make myself available to fish any time.
          My vote would be Shallow Sport X3 as well.

Comment

Pathfinder 26HPS, 300 grey Yamaha. This boat will do what he wants.

Comment

When you say a bunch of money..define a bunch?

Comment

Scout 251-XS

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  When you say a bunch of money..define a bunch?
                  Enough to buy any boat on the market. Old money, hard worker with the right last name and no siblings.

Comment

Enough to buy any boat on the market. Old money, hard worker with the right last name and no siblings.

2 boats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Shallowsport X3 or a Dargel HDX 250.
                      Mark me down for this.

Comment

Lots of cool boats already mentioned. I would absolutely love to have the funds to geek out on boat rigging with all the new motor and electronic tech that has come out in the last several years.

Comment

Dang! Jealous

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                            Dang! Jealous
                            You and me both. I'm gonna be his designated fish cleaner/boat cleaner. For sure some good suggestions thus far. Opened up some boats he didn't know about. He really likes the Haynie, and likes the look of a Simmons, but they take so dang long to get in.

Comment

32 foot X3 is the way to go. 16 inch static, 12 inch running draft. Add a sea-keeper to that boat and it is the perfect blend of inshore and offshore. The X3 is on my mental list of Lotto boats, along with the Grady White Canyon 456 for offshore!

Some of the boats in this thread are just not worthy of the 'unlimited budget' outlined in the OP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                Shallowsport X3 or a Dargel HDX 250.
                                I will second that X3 also. My uncle fishes one in POC from the inland lakes to outside the big jetties. And you dam sure wont find much more deck space on a bay boat. They are some big sombeeches.

Another recommendation would be an El Pescador classic or Cat. We fish a 24ft Classic in 12'' to open water. They handle waves like no other and have plenty space to fish comfortably. The Dargel isn't a bad choice either.

Comment

Working...
                                X