Kinda Feel By Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda Feel By Myself

I am sure some here have been thru this, but it's new for me.
    I have a great wife and two great early teen kids.
    I just turn 50 and two months ago my sister passed away, (cancer). She was the last of my core family. My mom, dad, brother and sister have all passed none ever reaching 60 yrs old.
    Since my sister has passed I have felt pretty alone.
    If the phone rings at the house I know its not for me because my family always called on the house phone.
    I feel my kids have been cheated out of knowing their grandparents and their uncle. They did know their aunt and loved her very much.
    When one passes away its not so bad, because you always had another one you could talk with about growing up, but when your the last one left you totally loose that opportunity to reminisce.
    I don't know just trying to work thru this, its new to me.
    Anyone ever been thru something like this. Just kind of down about it all and feel cheated when around other family's. I guess the other thing is I don't think people are really see how lucky they are to have their family's as they get older.
    Last edited by Ungawa; 11-21-2018, 02:29 PM.

I'm not in your situation but the way you explain it I can easily see what you're saying. I'm very close with my parents and siblings and my wife and kids spend a ton of time with them. Even though you have your own family now it's tough being the last of your old tribe.

Comment

You're not alone

They are with you in loving memories. In addition if you are a believer the lord is with you to comfort, to provide peace, and believe it or not Joy. He can fill any void. Plus you have your TBH friends. PM me your number and I will call ya. I always want to talk about the outdoors and I've been told I make a pretty good brother.

Comment

Brother you are exactly right, most people do not realize how blessed they are by having family. I know how you feel, have been somewhat alone for many years. I never knew my maternal grandparents, my paternal grandparents never interacted with us. It was a generational thing, they had 10 kids, all they knew was work. Both my parents have passed, and my 2 boys were small when my mom died, teenagers when my dad died. My daughter never got to meet my mom. All I have is a brother and even though we were close, we don't get to see each other very often. Like you, I have a wonderful life, 3 great kids and now grandkids, one I rarely get to see along with my oldest son. I guess I'm rambling but I say all this to offer advice. To let you know what eases my pain and loneliness. I turned my life over to God. I let him give me peace, and He always provides. Even though I dont know you, I will pray for you and I sincerely mean that. I pray that you are saved, but if not I will pray that you will be. Hang tough, and count your blessings.

Comment

Prayers for you brother.

Comment

I am a Christian and have been all my life. I was raised in the Church. All prayers are appreciated. This is just a struggle that has been weighing on me and I will get thru it. My wife and I have talked about it. I just needed to get it out and sometimes putting things in print eases the pressure, so to speak.

Comment

My wife and I discuss this frequently. Our kids just did not have the kind of relationship with the grandparents (our parents) that we had with our Grandparents growing up.

Do this. Find an older couple that would be willing to step up and be grandparents. they are out there. It is good for kids to have older folks in their life. I know it wont replace your family, but you might have to put yourself out there and grow into a new family. You can't replace what has been lost but you can certainly continue building memories for your future.

Also remember, the Lord will NEVER leave you or forsake you. I find that usually when I am feeling like this, I need to step out and do something for someone else that they cannot repay. It does the heart good.

Be blessed. Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                My wife and I discuss this frequently. Our kids just did not have the kind of relationship with the grandparents (our parents) that we had with our Grandparents growing up.

Do this. Find an older couple that would be willing to step up and be grandparents. they are out there. It is good for kids to have older folks in their life. I know it wont replace your family, but you might have to put yourself out there and grow into a new family. You can't replace what has been lost but you can certainly continue building memories for your future.

Also remember, the Lord will NEVER leave you or forsake you. I find that usually when I am feeling like this, I need to step out and do something for someone else that they cannot repay. It does the heart good.

Be blessed. Happy Thanksgiving.
                Good idea!

Comment

The courageousness you show to be so vulnerable is quite admirable sir. Says a lot about your heart and how fortunate your wife and kids are to have a father and husband that models that kind of courage. I pray that you find some meaning in your struggles with this and a whole lot of peace one day. PM me if you ever need to talk brother, be more than happy to listen.

Comment

I know how you feel.....
                    Other than my daughter... (which, I don't see, as often as I'd like) LOL
                    I'm pretty much alone...….family wise......

Comment

Hope u find peace somewhere in this. Take care.

Comment

You're not alone....You have a wife and two great kids. Maybe you get to be around for their kids. Maybe you get to be around for their grandkids. I'm sure you have great memories of your people, so share them often with your kids. They can know your family through your stories. I wish you well, sir.

Comment

I know the feeling. I’m 45 and my son went off to college and my mother passed last month. I still have my daughter here but she’s 15 and not into Mom and Dad so much. Me and the wife barely speak and will probably separate when daughter goes off. Just feel kinda isolated.

Comment

May God bring peace to your heart. He makes no mistakes God Bless!

Comment

Many of us have been through this. Lean on the Green Screen and never dwell on when anyone moves on - please.

It hurts but....those of us who move on are far better than the rest of our lot living here on the Blue Ball.

Give anyone us a shout out if you continue to pain. As it is with life, with a group dedicating to taking life for food and sustenance......put it all into perspective. We can never control our time........it's not our call.

Give thanks and love........to everyone irregardless to age and or reason......it's the divine rule.

Praying for salvation and understanding with the hope - your pain becomes a placeholder for your Sister's life here....and that her memory with you, carries a positive review with everyone who loved her.

You have a supreme special role now......represent Sis!

Comment

Working...
                              X