No announcement yet.

Headed to court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The neighbor is provoking him, just another d-bag!!

Comment

I like when my dog/ blackmouth barks or howls that means someone or something is behind our fence , once he had an alert howl and what do you know I look out my kitchen window and a man that takes care of the cemetary was throwing weenies over my fence I had my choice words with him took a pic of his license plate took it to the fire chief cause he was a volunteer firefighter and well that didn't end well for him, cause what if he was poisoning them

Comment

I have a neighbor who is a complete jackwagon He doesn't care about anyone but himself. Talking with him is useless. He has 2 large dogs in his back yard, one being a very large pit bull. Every time I step out in my back yard, both those dogs try to break through the fence to get to me. They bark, growl, scratch the fence and literally will try to get through it to me. It doesn't matter if I am mowing the yard, or step out to grill dinner. I absolutely cannot sit out and enjoy my back yard because of it. I looked up the city ordinance and I will now be taking a few videos and contacting the city. Looks like I have to inform the neighbor in writing about the situation first. I'm sure that will go over like a fart in church.

Comment

Remove the dogs throat. Should help the problem.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I think part of the problem is the dogs breed. I have a Catahoula and they have some serious drive and energy. I don’t see the dog doing very well in that tiny back yard. She seems to be doing her job, just in the wrong place. My $0.02

Love me some Catahoula’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
              I dream of taking a 12 gauge to my neighbor’s barking dogs.

Comment

I’ve been on the other end of this and it is maddening. I’ve tried working with the neighbor but when they could care less and it’s affecting my family it’s time to do something. If you have a solution that works that involves the dog staying and being a part of your family, do it.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  I dream of taking a 12 gauge to my neighbor’s barking dogs.
                  Tell us how you really feel!!

Comment

This is the first neighborhood I've lived in and I got lucky with neighbors. Both have dogs but neither bark and mine isn't a noise maker. I would hate to live by my in-laws. They have a Great Dane with a bark like a gun going off, inside and out.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      Why not have the neighbor over for a BBQ or something and let him get acquainted to your dog. Then, maybe the dog won't bark at your neighbor so much.
                      That's what I did when my neighbor moved in across from me. After a few rubs on the dog, it would never bark at me again. But again, the "new" neighbor, I have known for almost 25 years. We get along!!
                      This would be my suggestion as well. It would be worth a try if your neighbor was willing to work with you. Put me in the group with not liking barking dogs. It is very annoying to most people. Best of luck to you.

Comment

u r that neighbor

Comment

This thread is why I will never live in a development with houses close. I wouldn't rather have a cheaper dumpier house and some space around me than live with neighbors with their nose in my business all the time.

You might have to stop letting the dog out in the yard when you are not home. You aren't living out in the country. Whether the neighbor is provoking her or not. The fact is she is barking and causing problems and now it's on record that she is a problem. Our dogs stay inside when we aren't home. We don't use crates. We tried crates with the one when he was a pup and came home to a dog, crate, and wall covered in poo. People always say they won't poop where they eat/sleep. Well he proved that a big lie lol. They can't get to anything harmful and they are both around 10 now and it has worked well for us.

Good luck.

Comment

Man I lived in a sub division for 8 years.. at first I could let my dog (lab) stay in the back yard most of the time, he never barked at anyone or anything.. the neighbor to my right got a dog a while later and it sucked because they would bark at each other if they were out there at the same time, then the neighbor to the other side let their grand daughter and her dog move in so then if any combination of 2 out of the three dogs were outside there was barking going on.. i was tired of not being able to let my dog go get some sun for a couple hours at a time so I bought a bark collar to leave him out, it worked great, he learned QUICK. The neighbors ended up asking what I did and I told them so one of them did the same for their grand daughters dog.. Fast forward a couple weeks and my other neighbor to the right came over and said she was not happy and I should keep my dog inside more because when my dog is out even though it doesn't bark it makes her dog bark and she was tired of listening to it..

Comment

My neighbor has a Catahoula also and all it does when separated from him or his wife is bark for hours. They have a separation problem and when he keeps the dog in the house it destroys everything in the house including furniture and door moldings. I live on acreage but if the dog was close to my fence, I am sorry I would of done the same thing your neighbor is doing. I have 3 labs and they do not bark all day because when they do I discipline them for it. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                                Man I lived in a sub division for 8 years.. at first I could let my dog (lab) stay in the back yard most of the time, he never barked at anyone or anything.. the neighbor to my right got a dog a while later and it sucked because they would bark at each other if they were out there at the same time, then the neighbor to the other side let their grand daughter and her dog move in so then if any combination of 2 out of the three dogs were outside there was barking going on.. i was tired of not being able to let my dog go get some sun for a couple hours at a time so I bought a bark collar to leave him out, it worked great, he learned QUICK. The neighbors ended up asking what I did and I told them so one of them did the same for their grand daughters dog.. Fast forward a couple weeks and my other neighbor to the right came over and said she was not happy and I should keep my dog inside more because when my dog is out even though it doesn't bark it makes her dog bark and she was tired of listening to it..
                                Lol that neighbor deserves a F-off and solve your own problem

That’s unbelievable she has the balls to come over and say that

Comment

Working...
                                X