No announcement yet.

Backcountry Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, I'll check them out. Thanks for all input so far.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
      I love my Solomon’s so much I’m wearing them now. Matter of fact I wear them all the time!!
      Those rate high on boot geek reviews

Comment

As far as spending money on boots goes, I think of it like this. If your boots fail or kill your feet the first day then your hunt is over, all the training and shooting you’ve done is for nothing. Elk hunting is a lot of hiking so get the best “gear” for your feet, because if you can’t get to where the elk live or hike long enough to find them then you’re wasting your time. It’s the most important basic element to your hunt, id get the best I could.

Comment

Any good boot will work. Just have to go tey them on and see what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            As far as spending money on boots goes, I think of it like this. If your boots fail or kill your feet the first day then your hunt is over, all the training and shooting you’ve done is for nothing. Elk hunting is a lot of hiking so get the best “gear” for your feet, because if you can’t get to where the elk live or hike long enough to find them then you’re wasting your time. It’s the most important basic element to your hunt, id get the best I could.

This ^^

If you got to skimp on money somewhere don’t let it be on your boots

Comment

I really like my Lowa Renegades. Plenty of width and room in the toe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The best boot I’ve owned are my Vasque Breezes. I bought them for a hiking trip a few years back and ended up wearing them on my elk hunt last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  Well, that's what I'm trying to do here, figure out what the "good" boots are lol.

I agree with many of yall, I'm willing to drop some coin on these boots. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure your looking for a name brand boot, but I bought a cheap pair of Arcadia waterproof hiking boots from sportsman's guide. And I love them. Wore them on a 10 day otc Colorado hunt. Put countless miles on them and never got the first blister or hot spot. Comfortable from day one and kept my feet dry and not sweaty. Work in them everyday, 3 months now, in residential construction and they have held up better than expensive boots I've had in the past.

Comment

Solomon. Put a lot of miles on them in the past 2 seasons. Last year was fortunate enough to pack out a bull from some rough nasty country. Boots were great. Definitely worth a look.

Comment

Guides wear Crispie but say they take a lot of break in.

I went Solomon, felt good in the store, felt great after the first day on the mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                          Kenetrek Mountain Extremes for me
                          Me as well. Great boot!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            I hunted with a bunch of iron workers and boilermakers and other union workers
                            And they always wore these hunting and probably every day at work , these old boys would never buy a $400-500 pair of boots
                            So IMO buy something you will wear and break in
                            Good socks and extra pair’s are the most important things on a hunting trip/ lot of walking
                            Attached Files

Comment

Picked up Lowa Renegade GTX for my elk hunt and they were great. Picked them up at campsaver.com on clearance. Very well rated boot.

I’d search online and read reviews knowing that any of the top 10-15 recommendations will work, just depends on what fits your feet best and what your budget is. Good thing is you can find great deals online for just about any shoe/boot so enough searching.

Comment

Backcountry Boot

Crispi Nevada’s is what I run

Comment

Working...
                                X