Beef fat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef fat?

Just curious if anyone uses beef fat when you grind. We've always used pork butt thinking about trying beef. If you've used it how'd it turn out? Thanks Mike

Use equal amounts of venison and 80/20 ground beef, makes it perfect in my opinion.

Comment

I have in the past but we prefer it lean. If I want to make burgers that stick together I do as suggested and mix with beef hamburger.

Gary
      Last edited by DRT; 11-12-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I use 10%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use 10% (request my processor do so) ground chuck... near perfection

Comment

I use brisket

Comment

I only use beef fat in mine. I think it holds up better in the freezer than pork fat. Plus, nothing smells better than beef fat hitting the coals when you go to cook it

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2 View Post
                Just curious if anyone uses beef fat when you grind. We've always used pork butt thinking about trying beef. If you've used it how'd it turn out? Thanks Mike
                You’ll probably get 348 different opinions, you will have to decide what works best for you, since beef fat’s shelf life in the freezer is limited, I prefer to just throw in some ground beef when I get ready to cook with the ground venison, but that’s just my preference

Comment

Bacon in mine!

Comment

I have been going 100% deer for the last 5 years. It's great. No reason to mix store bought hormone injected meat with your wild game. I even make hamburgers with it and everyone loves them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We started using brisket. Straight fat gets funky sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        I have been going 100% deer for the last 5 years. It's great. No reason to mix store bought hormone injected meat with your wild game. I even make hamburgers with it and everyone loves them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        I’ve tried it that way. It’s not for me. Driest burger possible. I mix my ground about 60% venison to 40% brisket. Some of the finest ground meat on the planet. I mix bacon ends and pieces with some for making hamburgers but don’t like that flavor in every day hamburger.

Comment

Kubys in Dallas puts 5% beef fat in their grind and it’s incredible for burgers, chili, etc.

Comment

I use beef fat in mine at 20%

Comment

Another option we like, mix 1 lbs. hot breakfast sausage to a lbs. of hamburger, it kicks it up a notch or three.

Comment

Working...
                              X