Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted a GoPro - Bought a FITFORT instead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll play with the wifi tonight and see kinda range it has.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      I'll play with the wifi tonight and see kinda range it has.

Thanks Dave

Comment

Smart when you have everyone else done with your testing, will you post up a matrix comparing the results so that I don’t have to re-do the investigative work to determine the best Chinese knock off?

Comment

Originally posted by LROSE View Post
          I bought one from Amazon called COOAU Action Camera. It was a bundle buy with all the mounts and such for under $40 and took it to Cabo last week.
          Videos are actually pretty good (shot on 1080P 60 frames a sec). I was able to get some decent videos. The sound quality from the waterproof cases is not great but that was to be expected from a waterproof case.
          Has 4K Ultra HD capabilities and WiFi connection to an app on your phone. Worked pretty well !!!
          I figured for $40 bucks, as long as I got 1 trip out of it then it was worth it.
          The sound quality on the gopro is not very good either when the waterproof case is on either tho.

Comment

Wanted a GoPro - Bought a FITFORT instead.

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Smart when you have everyone else done with your testing, will you post up a matrix comparing the results so that I don’t have to re-do the investigative work to determine the best Chinese knock off?

[emoji3]

How about I just post the best one for my situation.... [emoji41]

I mean these things are all rated pretty highly but they are all 4.5-5 stars of folks who wear it on their body in action scenarios and have immediate access to on/off and battery replacement if needed. Not placed 15-20 yards away, need it on for 3-4 hours with remote record/stop and can’t just walk out and switch a battery out every 1.5 hours.. Hard to buy one based on somebody’s usage that not related to yours.[emoji41]

Comment

What software do you use with the knock of cameras? I understand the GoPro editing stuff is pretty dang good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                The sound quality on the gopro is not very good either when the waterproof case is on either tho.
                Both of the last versions of the go pro are waterproof without needing an outer case. The latest version that I have has 3 mics, and the camera automatically picks the sound from the mic that sounds best at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  What software do you use with the knock of cameras? I understand the GoPro editing stuff is pretty dang good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Use whatever you want. The formats arent proprietary.
                  I use filmora.

Comment

Tested wifi.. using the ez icam app.
                    Tested out to about 65 yards and it worked fine. Thats me at the end of driveway with my phone viewing the camera and stop/starting video.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      How about I just post the best one for my situation.... [emoji41]

I mean these things are all rated pretty highly but they are all 4.5-5 stars of folks who wear it on their body in action scenarios and have immediate access to on/off and battery replacement if needed. Not placed 15-20 yards away, need it on for 3-4 hours with remote record/stop and can’t just walk out and switch a battery out every 1.5 hours.. Hard to buy one based on somebody’s usage that not related to yours.[emoji41]

This is where I got confused . with the ratings . I had the session and its fine for close up but like at 30 yards or just over you can see its a deer but that is about it .

Comment

Dang 65yrds! Thats awesome. Want to strap this camera to my deer feeder leg and be able to turn it on from about 50yrds or so. Hopefully that works off a non wifi signal of some sorts.

Comment

Tested wifi.. using the ez icam app.
                          Tested out to about 65 yards and it worked fine. Thats me at the end of driveway with my phone viewing the camera and stop/starting video.

Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Dang 65yrds! Thats awesome. Want to strap this camera to my deer feeder leg and be able to turn it on from about 50yrds or so. Hopefully that works off a non wifi signal of some sorts.

It’s a WiFi signal off the camera I’m pretty sure

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              It’s a WiFi signal off the camera I’m pretty sure
                              yup turn on cam.. down arrow to wifi.. turn on wifi on phone..start app...select the cam.. let them connect... done.

Comment

yup turn on cam.. down arrow to wifi.. turn on wifi on phone..start app...select the cam.. let them connect... done.

So you are using the Fitfort and what ap?....just so I don't have to go back and read lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X