Corrosion Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrosion Issue

Recently bought a 2015 Silverado with some corrosion underneath from the road salt up north.

Any advice?

Called the local Ziebart servicing location and got a quote of $450 from them to apply the Rust Eliminator and also to apply the Rust Protection as well as a new Undercoating to protect from any further wear or corrosion

Past experiences with this issue from those of you on here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

My duramax, started rusting after a oil company was spraying salt water on the ranch roads to keep the dust down, I ordered a 5 gallon tub of fluid film https://www.fluid-film.com/
    It worked good stopped the undercarriage from rusting
    Unfortunately it didn’t stop stuff like the top of the ranch hand bumper or the windshield wiper arms from rusting
    Have no experience with Ziebart

Comment

If you bought a truck fr rom up north and 450 ( with a written warranty) keeps it from slowly disappearing before your eyes I say that's a fair deal

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        My duramax, started rusting after a oil company was spraying salt water on the ranch roads to keep the dust down, I ordered a 5 gallon tub of fluid film https://www.fluid-film.com/
        It worked good stopped the undercarriage from rusting
        Unfortunately it didn’t stop stuff like the top of the ranch hand bumper or the windshield wiper arms from rusting
        Have no experience with Ziebart

This is great info.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          If you bought a truck fr rom up north and 450 ( with a written warranty) keeps it from slowly disappearing before your eyes I say that's a fair deal

It's not disappearing per se but the Ziebart with a warranty is something I hadn't even thought about. Don't even know if that's offered but I'll definitely ask about it.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X