• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
    Where did y'all cross bud? Great buck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Columbia, Saturday approx 10am.
    They asked me to take out both 210qt yeti and pelican coolers from inside my Mexico hunting suburban(not bringing my superduty across anymore) I looked at them and said, "You do realize each of those coolers contain a bull nilgai that weighed about 700lbs each" I attempted to pull one, it didn't budge. They just looked inside after that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

A tad high, but still high double lung. Recovered in 150 yds. Coyotes beat me to it. Must have found it immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
        We had an epic week. I took my target buck. Several other muy grandes were arrowed. Multiple bull nilgai as well. We had a few encounters I won't discuss, one helio inspected me and waved me off. All harmless thankfully. Crossed with a few capes, multiple animals, no issues or confiscations. Ready to go back in a few weeks!

Very nice buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Great Buck, Congratulations!

Comment

We had an epic week. I took my target buck. Several other muy grandes were arrowed. Multiple bull nilgai as well. We had a few encounters I won't discuss, one helio inspected me and waved me off. All harmless thankfully. Crossed with a few capes, multiple animals, no issues or confiscations. Ready to go back in a few weeks!

Great Buck Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
              Booooo. How about have Angadi work out a agreement to fix the issue. Not add to it. They don't tan a cow to get it across.

Thanks for the heads up tho Bernardo
              You’re right they don’t tan a cow but they do inspect each one by hand and if they find a single tick the whole load gets sent back and quarantined. It’s not about Angadi working out an agreement, just ask Texas ranchers along the river.

Comment

Originally posted by La Calavera View Post
                You’re right they don’t tan a cow but they do inspect each one by hand and if they find a single tick the whole load gets sent back and quarantined. It’s not about Angadi working out an agreement, just ask Texas ranchers along the river.
                No doubt I know several Texas Rio Grande river ranches that have whole pastures quarantined and can't do anything with their cattle until the US releases them! Crazy epidemic...

Comment

A tad high, but still high double lung. Recovered in 150 yds. Coyotes beat me to it. Must have found it immediately!

Sounds pretty similar to my hunt last week. I got on my target buck and was a tad low, got full pass through at 25 yards, 1 lung and liver. I decided to call in some dogs, but we waited too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bucks guys!! I’m headed down for a couple days. Hopefully the big boys will be in their feet.

Comment

nice bucks GBludau & Jclay

Comment

Awesome bucks guys, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by La Calavera View Post
                          So angadi has sat down with Fish and game to come up with a resolution or just got information to pass on to the hunters? If either side was truly concerned then it could be resolved by agreeing to a process versus depend on a border agent to find or not find a tick. We have had then turned back due to a scab before. This is the problem. A hide should be able to be treated to kill all ticks and then be authorized to cross no questions asked. Instead hunters have to rely on who's gonna be at the border and gamble with it every time. No one appreciates your help more then me Bernardo but, this could be resolved and benifiet both sides if figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                            So angadi has sat down with Fish and game to come up with a resolution or just got information to pass on to the hunters? If either side was truly concerned then it could be resolved by agreeing to a process versus depend on a border agent to find or not find a tick. We have had then turned back due to a scab before. This is the problem. A hide should be able to be treated to kill all ticks and then be authorized to cross no questions asked. Instead hunters have to rely on who's gonna be at the border and gamble with it every time. No one appreciates your help more then me Bernardo but, this could be resolved and benifiet both sides if figured out.
                            They should have a bucket of whatever they want it dipped in, dip it and send ya on your way.

Comment

Headed down Friday...can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
                                They should have a bucket of whatever they want it dipped in, dip it and send ya on your way.
                                USDA Inspectors now treat hides with a different chemical on public draw hunts. Hunters are able to keep their capes, shortly after skinning. Some type of oil/spray. It even smells good. I took home a nice 5.5 yr old 10pt from an archery hunt down in Cameron county.

I don't know if or why/why not that method can be utilized at the borders.

Comment

Working...
                                X