No announcement yet.

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 vote for lightweight (not ultralight) with steel barrel and AG Composite stock like Robert mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
      For those of you interested in a light weight steel rig, here's one Robert built for me recently. Likely about the best price point for a light weight hunter and accommodating lefties.

A short action rig with a 20-22 tube and no brake would shave considerable weight.

It has an AG stock in the APR design with an APR contoured Muller barrel on a defiance tenacity. The empty rifle is just under 7 and the barrel finished at .700 at the muzzle.

[ATTACH]982978[/ATTACH][ATTACH]982979[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
      That's a great looking all-purpose rig

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
        Close the thread and take my money! That is exactly what I want!
        This! Whatever you come up with "I want to order one"!
        Thanks for asking.

Comment

For those of you interested in a light weight steel rig, here's one Robert built for me recently. Likely about the best price point for a light weight hunter and accommodating lefties.

A short action rig with a 20-22 tube and no brake would shave considerable weight.

It has an AG stock in the APR design with an APR contoured Muller barrel on a defiance tenacity. The empty rifle is just under 7 and the barrel finished at .700 at the muzzle.

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking about something just like this as one of the options. It checks a lot of boxes. Moderate weight, moderate pricing, left hand availability on stocks and actions and the ability to muzzle thread at any length.
          Last edited by Stick1; 12-06-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I'm in for anything you come up with and the options mentioned above all sound great.
            I just want to be included in the new offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              Thanks for posting this. I was thinking about something just like this as one of the options. It checks a lot of boxes. Moderate weight, moderate pricing, left hand availability on stocks and actions and the ability to muzzle thread at any length.
              I like that option but would like to have a carbon fiber barrel. Did you ever get yours worked out Robert?

Comment

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Perfect, just needs an adjustable comb hahaha

Essentially the same as the 257robertsAI you will be building me though, hmmmm decisions. . .

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I'll put money down on a copy of that today.

No go on a chassis.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Mountain rifle.

Somewhere in the 4.5-5.5 pound range, only bad thing is only a few calibers work good in short barrels.

I aint interested in a 15 pound PRS rifle with a 26 inch barrel, about 1/2 of those chassis stocked rifles dont fit me, they feel clumsy and are uncomfortable to drag around.

So there, I put my .02 cents worth in.
                    This. I would love a super light weight rifle. I understand the downsides of a super light rifle but I can understand you guys not wanting to do it due to people expecting it to perform like a bench rifle.

Comment

What about two options again this year? Light and Heavy? Would APR still get group buy rates from AG if we did two different stock options? Same question about two different barrel contours from the same maker? For example:

Option 1 Light: AG Privateer, Muller lighter contour barrel

Option 2 Heavy: AG Adjustable Hunter, Muller heavier contour barrel

Action, trigger, etc. could be the same

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        Adjustability is the biggest thing. Weight may or may not play a factor depending on which one you go with. I was highly against them at first but three of the last 4 rifles I have had built have been on a chassis.

Sierracharlie out…

Exactly what I was thinking. To me a pistol grip is counter-intuitive (a pistol grip is to control a rifle, ie. a fast shooting carbine, but you want to minimize your your control of a a precision rifle). At least that has been my impression previously. But, I think it’s time for me to get on the chassis train. If it can be with this build, that’s even better!

Comment

I like this idea. “Need” a rifle for elk and mule deer. Not interested is a chassis set up

Comment

What about a heavy varmint type rifle that could cross over into PRS ...
                            I'd be very interested in seeing what a group but gets chassis price too

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                              This. I would love a super light weight rifle. I understand the downsides of a super light rifle but I can understand you guys not wanting to do it due to people expecting it to perform like a bench rifle.

The problem here was the price. Robert estimated a 4500-5k price tag as a possibility. That puts a lot of people out of the group buy.

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                              Exactly what I was thinking. To me a pistol grip is counter-intuitive (a pistol grip is to control a rifle, ie. a fast shooting carbine, but you want to minimize your your control of a a precision rifle). At least that has been my impression previously. But, I think it’s time for me to get on the chassis train. If it can be with this build, that’s even better!

I have no issues with pistol grip stock/chassis as I’ve been shooting them the past 10 years but now am looking to transition back to my “roots” if you will. A hunting stock with a 20” barrel is what I’m after. Compact deer killing machine!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Would moderate weight include 6.5lb with long action and 24” bbl?

Carbon option would be nice as I don’t have one yet

Comment

Working...
                                X