No announcement yet.

1972 Gibson’s Gun sale ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 6.5, no 50x tacticool scopes, wood and gloss blue. No wonder they're so cheap you can't kill anything with those.

Comment

You could put a gun on lay-away and pay 5 or 10 bucks a week until it was paid for! Bought several that way.

Comment

Walmart and the internet killed all those type stores, I miss those places.

Comment

That needs to be framed!

Comment

I visit the one in Weatherford occasionally - it's like going back in time. They seem to do quite a bit of gun business.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
              Rode my bike to the Temple Gibson’s and purchased my first shotgun. It was Ithaca ultra light. Took me 6 weeks cutting grass to save the $$. Killed so many doves that fall with that gun. Made every blade of grass worth it. Traded that gun for another. Gibson’s was a wonderland for a kid that wanted to be in the outdoors. When I was about 12 bought a Bear minuteman takedown recurve there. Killed a deer with that bow at Ft.Hood a few years later. Remember Woolco? It was good also. Thanks for posting.
              My grandmother used to take me to that one in Temple. Drove up from Rogers.

I worked at the one in College Station when I turned 16. Bought a 700 BDL 30-06 from them. Put it on lay away and paid it out. Man was it awesome when I got to take it home. Bought me a cheap Tasco scope and mounted and bore sighted in myself. Killed a lot of deer with it. The ex convinced me to get rid of it at one point. Wish I would have got rid of her instead.

Comment

Anyone remember the “track” shoes they sold? White with black stripes or black with white stripes. Pretty much what all the kids in my school wore back in the 70’s.

Comment

This is funny.
                  That Ithaca model 37 from Gibsons was my Christmas present somewhere about 1972-1973. I think we paid more and I still have it

Comment

I inherited a 12 ga pump shotgun manufactured by Sears and Roebuck Co and has a weird looking muzzle break, type end on it, that has Western Auto stamped on it.
                    Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 12-06-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I bought my first gun at western auto single shot 20 gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
                        Anyone remember the “track” shoes they sold? White with black stripes or black with white stripes. Pretty much what all the kids in my school wore back in the 70’s.
                        Yep. TG&Y had them also.

Comment

I remember our Gibson's, when they went out of business Howard's moved into their old building. Wal-Mart put them out of business within a few years. I still have old ammo and sporting goods with both Gibson's and Howard's price stickers on them.

Comment

I remember the Gibson's in Tomball. I used to buy all my ammo there.

Before that I remember shopping at Globe when I was a kid. They had some great sporting goods too.

Comment

I bought my Winchester model 70 xtr from Gibson's in 1979. It was a grand total of 159.99. It is still my most trusted deer rifle. The old Beaumont store was my employer during, my sophomore, and junior high school years.

Comment

Those were the good old days. Gibson’s is the greatest store. I bought my first deer rifle there in Beaumont. Glenfield 30-30 with a Weaver 4x. Still looks brand new.

Comment

Working...
                                X