• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
    All snakes are non poisonous........
    Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    LOL! My wife hates that I get hung up on that technicality [emoji6]
    I get it...venomous. I don't know about y'all, but venom in MY body, is poison!

Comment

Slinky

Comment

Its the venom that'll getcha

Comment

Originally posted by spliffnwesson View Post
          Looks like a Nicholas.
          I couldn't agree more Nicholas is such a nice name.

Comment

People can kill whatever snake they wish I guess but killing one because you don't know what it is just seems ignorant.
            Reminds me of a guy I met hunting the land around a lake. Asked him if he was seeing anything. Said he had killed several quail. I had to stifle a laugh as he pulled a couple of meadow larks out of his game pouch.

Gary

Comment

He looks like a "Bob" to me, for some reason.

Comment

I was kinda thinking he looks like a "little Danny".

Comment

Unless your place is literally crawling with snakes, they ain't making a dent in the mouse population.

A snake will eat, what, 1 or 2 per week, not to mention how much the don't eat when they're dormant. A mouse reproduces exponentially quicker than that.

I get it, let the good guys live. I see this time and again, and I agree. But that they're "rodent killing machines" isn't the best argument.

My place is in the panhandle and is littered with rattlebugs, coachwhips and bulls, just to name a few. My mouse/rat population ain't hurtin'.

Change my mind.

Comment

Jake.

Comment

They can be copperish colored. I would guess that might be from more sun as several snakes (and fish) will "tan". I had a huge one on back porch coiled and faking striking at my dog and cat who were a team holding him in place. It was awesome. It was so aggressive I gave up trying to catch and move it. Looked a lot like a copperhead with the beach tan. It was a Rat snake. Most I see are more gray.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                        Unless your place is literally crawling with snakes, they ain't making a dent in the mouse population.

A snake will eat, what, 1 or 2 per week, not to mention how much the don't eat when they're dormant. A mouse reproduces exponentially quicker than that.

I get it, let the good guys live. I see this time and again, and I agree. But that they're "rodent killing machines" isn't the best argument.

My place is in the panhandle and is littered with rattlebugs, coachwhips and bulls, just to name a few. My mouse/rat population ain't hurtin'.

Change my mind.
                        Depends on snake size how many they can/will eat. Just imagine how many rodents you'd have without them.

Gary

Comment

not everyone is an entomologist, and i promise it will not make anyone feel better if the are injected with poison or venom,,, in the end either is at a minimum, dangerous and can be deadly, so to the average joe venom or poison does not matter just as it will not matter if they got bit by a serpent or a snake.....

Comment

Western rat snake. Great rodent control.

Comment

Working...
                            X