Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that mass. Congrats.

Comment

Dang J-Jac, that is indeed a beautiful buck and what Mass!! I bet he was crowding 40" of mass... I'd love to run an arra thru one like that! Congratulations to you on a fine trophy!

I'm headed down mid-week for a few days of just hunting... Still working on getting things set up at our new place in Webb County, but we sure are seeing some good deer this year after feeding all year last year. Good chopper survey too. Saw a couple genuine whoppers and one had drops... A bucket list item for me is a drop tine buck in South Texas...

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        Had a potential cull swing by a feeder I’ve never seen before. Maybe he needs another year though?

I think he’s 4. Or 4.5. .
        No words..,,,,,Lol

Comment

Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
          Great bucks guys! Bucks are on the move and shifting territories in Webb and Zapata, new bucks showing up at different stations. My bow hunting goal for the season has been accomplished after 9 hunts and a little bit of a chess match. I finally had to adapt and put a pop up 25 yds to the south of my Krivo blind and only hunt him on North winds. I took my furthest shot 33yds on my biggest buck (157”) that I’ve watched grow for 5 yrs and sealed the deal. This buck means so much to me and I know deep down that my Dad up in heaven sent him my way that evening and the mount will forever remind me of that! Good luck the rest of the season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Very impressive. Love that mass

Comment

Hell...now a days down here we get more rain during the fall/winter

Comment

Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
              Great bucks guys! Bucks are on the move and shifting territories in Webb and Zapata, new bucks showing up at different stations. My bow hunting goal for the season has been accomplished after 9 hunts and a little bit of a chess match. I finally had to adapt and put a pop up 25 yds to the south of my Krivo blind and only hunt him on North winds. I took my furthest shot 33yds on my biggest buck (157”) that I’ve watched grow for 5 yrs and sealed the deal. This buck means so much to me and I know deep down that my Dad up in heaven sent him my way that evening and the mount will forever remind me of that! Good luck the rest of the season!

That is a toad. Congrats

Comment

Congrats again Justin!

Comment

Great buck J-Jac

Comment

Thanks again guys! He lost some mass on his left H4 (2.4”) but still had 5.5” bases and 5+ on his H2’s.. totaling up over 35”. I love them high/tight/heavy so couldn’t be happier, especially with the history. Best of luck and keep the updates coming as the STX brush is about to come alive!

Comment

Pretty buck j jac. That is absolutely my favorite frame shape on a deer!

Comment

Congrats again Justin. Awesome old buck

Comment

No pics of big bucks just a great weekend of entertaining some youngsters & there parents in S TX.
                          It was a girls only hunt this year and the weather could not have been more perfect. One 10 year-old girl shot her first two deer and a javelina. Priceless
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well I planned to take my time and hunt into January but I was presented with an opportunity this morning I couldn’t pass up.

He’s a 10 with kickers off both his G2’s! We scored him at 166 7/8”! 180 pounds and I’ve got him at 6.5 years old.

He’s a buck we haven’t seen in camera. With the rut beginning to show signs and low fence some new deer are showing themselves.

So I am camp cook and guide for the rest of the season.

I am beyond happy and this is my best whitetail by a long way!!

The best part is my 5 year old son was in the blind with me and actually spotted him first. My wife and 3 year old were in camp and got to join in on the recovery of the deer and pictures.

It’s only been a few months but I am hooked South Texas!!

Comment

Comment

Did you put him there.

Comment

Working...
                                X