No announcement yet.

East Texas Hogzilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir, congratulations!! I'd rather kill that sucker than a big buck!! That hog will eat better'n store-bought pork... This time of year, with all the acorns we had, that joker has been gorging himself on corn and acorns... Don't get no better pork than that!! Ain't no way I'd grind those hams into sausage. And I'd save the bellies and middlin's and make me some bacon. Every part of that hog is as good a piece of pork as you'll ever get. And it won't be tough either... I'd use the neck and shoulders and trimmings for sausage, but those backstraps, tenderloins, and hams, would be at least put up so it could be boiled, smoked or fried... If you have the time and facilities, those hams sure would be good cured with Morton's Suguar Cure and slow smoked!!

Again, Congratulations!!

Comment

Finally a True Hogzilla!!!
      I really thought I’d open this thread and see a 150 lb pig with someone sitting 10 feet behind it! Lol
      Congrats Sir on a hell of a hog!!

Comment

Heck yah! Congrats on the great porker, barr or not! Just look at them fat jaws!

Most don't truly realize what a massive 350lb+ pig looks like in person. I've got my share of 300lb+ (4 total; two sows and two boar that were not barr).

Comment

Monster!

Comment

I think that sucka has been feeding on bowhunters. Anyone missing in your area? LOL

Comment

Geeze look at that throat! Congratulations!

Comment

I had a couple friends razz me for carrying my snub nose 629 44 mag during bow season. I told them I know what lives in these woods.

Comment

Congrats! Trophy of a lifetime

Comment

Originally posted by ptaylortx View Post
                    Thanks everyone. The taxidermist said most hog forms only come with a max 34" neck measurement. This one is over 40". Not going to have much of a selection.
                    Congratulations on the monster hog
                    Tell your taxidermist to learn to make a form to fit the trophy
                    ( taxidermist are getting to dang lazy these days)
                    Or have him call jet smith in kerrviile to make a form for him/you
                    To truly showcase that zila

Comment

Thats a fine hog. Biggest bar ive kilt was 335#. Like to have never got him in the bed of the truck.

Comment

Assassin
                        Congrats

Comment

Wow—that’s one massive boar. Well done!

Comment

Friggin toad!

Comment

Sweet!

Gary

Comment

Nice! Monster!