Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting Kitchen Cabinets

Looking for advice....

We have contractor grade cabinets and are wanting to have them painted white. We had an estimate from a recommended contractor on a neighborhood website at $1800 and have another contractor coming tomorrow to give us a quote.

need input from someone who has taken on this task personally to understand if this is something we want to tackle as a DYI or continue down the contractor path. I know we can save money...but concerned about the time and quality...

Also, if anyone has a referral for a painter in North Fort Worth, please pass along...

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Tag. Wife wants to do this to ours too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I hate painting but painted these myself. My wife bought milk paint. $85/gallon but it only took a little more than a half gallon.

Took two days.

The paint goes on thick so you do not have to prime. Not hard if you want to save the money.

Comment

It is a tremendous amount of work. If you do not know what you are doing you will not be happy with the end product. $1800 is probably cheap.

Comment

Have them spray the cabinets. You won't be happy if they roll them.

Comment

I did all my new cabinets white after Harvey flooded our home. It did take some time but I used high quality foam rollers and foam brushes and we are very pleased with how they turned out. Can’t see any brush strokes or anything, they looked liked they were sprayed. Saved us nearly 2000 too.

Comment

I have used Daryl Roach several times. Lots of good reviews on the Texas Fishing Forum. That is where I got his information.

All-Tex Painting specializes in new construction as well as repaint and commercial jobs. I have completed thousands of painting projects for TFF members since 2008 and continue to grow. If you have a painting project that you need done be sure to give us a call. References available.

Exterior
              Interior
              Painted Cabinets
              Stain cabinets
              Garage floor coatings
              Fence

For free estimates call Darryl Roach 817-475-3732

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                I have used Daryl Roach several times. Lots of good reviews on the Texas Fishing Forum. That is where I got his information.

All-Tex Painting specializes in new construction as well as repaint and commercial jobs. I have completed thousands of painting projects for TFF members since 2008 and continue to grow. If you have a painting project that you need done be sure to give us a call. References available.

Exterior
                Interior
                Painted Cabinets
                Stain cabinets
                Garage floor coatings
                Fence

I used Daryl Roach twice, no complaints.

Comment

We had ours done as part of a full kitchen remodel. They removed all drawers and doors and set up a mini paint booth in the garage with humidity and temp control. After that they set up the same mini paint Booth to do the kitchen itself. The paint was about 80 bucks a gallon and it has almost a car paint like toughness to it. After what I saw I would not want to do it but you may be more detail oriented than me. What ever you decide good luck.

Comment

$1800 is cheap if they do good work.

You can do it yourself, it is a time consuming process to do it correctly. If you don't have a critical eye you will probably be happy with the results.

I tell all of my customers that a good painter can make sub par cabinets look good, and a bad painter can make high dollar cabinets look terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post

Exterior
                      Interior
                      Painted Cabinets
                      Stain cabinets
                      Garage floor coatings
                      Fence

Thank you for the info!

Comment

I am a DIY guy but I’m really glad I decided to pay a professional. The prep and priming is very tedious. The primer they used to fill the grain took days to dry and the smell about ran us out of the house. Money well spent IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d let a professional do it. Like others have said, it’s veryyyyy tedious and time consuming to do it right

Comment

$1800 is cheap.

I did my island and it took a week to do, sand, wipe off dust, prime, sand wipe off dust, paint, paint. And my island is half the size of yours.

Just finished putting the handles on the cabinets today. Had a contractor paint the cabinets. Money well spent with all that has to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had ours painted about 6 months back. From what I watched it was VERY tedious. We have scratched a few places where I need to touch up but overall very pleased. I would find someone who specializes in cabinets. I tried to get Daryl to do mine but he never returned my messages after initial contact so I chose someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X