Ouchita mountains Arkansas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouchita mountains Arkansas??

Never been to Arkansas before and was looking at these mountains. Who all has been and how's the bowhunting?
    Interested in any information.
    Thanks

That range is huge. Do you have a more specific area you are looking at??

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
      Never been to Arkansas before and was looking at these mountains. Who all has been and how's the bowhunting?

Interested in any information.

Thanks

Went 3 times last year riding UTV’s @ Wolf Pen Gap. Didn’t do any hunting so nothing to offer there. Going Easter weekend for first UTV ride of 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
        That range is huge. Do you have a more specific area you are looking at??
        I know it's huge. I guess I was looking between magazine mountain and west of there. Some wildlife management areas and national Forest. Anyone ever see or bowhunt for bears?

Comment

Never hunted there but it is some beautiful country

Comment

I’m standing in my backyard looking at both Mt Magazine and Calico Mtn, pretty country.

Good deer and turkey hunting. I like the WMA’s because they are walk in only so you rarely see other hunters.

We have a place on Calico and the Bear are hell on feeders [emoji23]
            See several each year, including the one that occasionally terrorizes my wife’s bird feeders in the backyard LOL

I have no desire to shoot one after seeing them in the woods while deer hunting

You would like this area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Use to hunt wma around Calico mountain. Went up every year for about four years. Got pulled over one day and was told we could only ride 4 wheelers on main roads. Said we could drive trucks back but not 4 wheelers. Never had much luck in the area. Saw a few deer on the roads. About 9 years ago we moved further south to poison springs wma. Have been much happier with deer numbers but have to admit the area is not as pretty as up around magazine or calico.

Comment

Working...
              X