Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck

Comment

I saw a really good buck (mature 8 with two kickers) at Stand 15. It’s at the north end of the dry lake bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
        My son drew 37. We are at the far north end of the park
        We are 62 in the far north end. We are the guys in white duramax from midland. Are you the ones we talked with briefly?
        Last edited by doublearrow; 11-16-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
            Good luck
            Thanks. He shot a small buck about an hour ago. It dropped in its tracks. We were high fiving and texting pawpaw and my wife and it got up and ran off after 4 to 5 minutes. Made me sick. I got out to look and bumped him about 60 yards from where he dropped. I really thought he was going o be dead not far from where he dropped or i wouldnt have gotten out. I heard him go into a creek bottom that i can see part of the other side. Gotta wait till legal shooting light is over to look further. Ive seen him drop pigs off hand at 60 yards and saturday he was punching bulls eyes at 100 yards. He told me after i got back he was shaking real bad.
            Last edited by doublearrow; 11-16-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Hopefully he’s in that creek bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                We are 62 in the far north end. We are the guys in white duramax from midland. Are you the ones we talked with briefly?
                That's us! I saw you had one at the truck so hope that was the recovery. We had a great hunt. Covered up. There was an older heavy white horned buck my boy was after once he saw him. We played chess for 30-45. He rushed and pulled his head up with a clean miss. During that whole ordeal there was a nice 10 there broadside right in the middle. Had a couple other trophy bucks come in late. Stoked for the morning hunt. Gotta turn his luck around.

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                  That's us! I saw you had one at the truck so hope that was the recovery. We had a great hunt. Covered up. There was an older heavy white horned buck my boy was after once he saw him. We played chess for 30-45. He rushed and pulled his head up with a clean miss. During that whole ordeal there was a nice 10 there broadside right in the middle. Had a couple other trophy bucks come in late. Stoked for the morning hunt. Gotta turn his luck around.
                  We did find him, not much further than the last place i saw him luckily. That stinks about this miss, colt did the same on a doe after his confidence busted from the buck running away.
                  Its his first whitetail hunt, i told him to shoot the first legal animal we saw. Had i known we would have waited. We had a nice 8 point that stayed around for an hour. Several small bucks also.
                  The blind just past us saw an axis and shot a nice whitetail buck
                  Good luck to yall in the morning.

Comment

Any pics

Comment

Here is my son with his 5 point. There were a couple really nice bucks taken that same night. Not aure about the next day we did not goto weigh station.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to your boy

Comment

Congrats young man!

Comment

Working...
                          X