Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a little screw

Get your minds out of the gutter! Lol.

I need a little screw (smaller than scope ring screws) that holds the magazine housing to the bottom side of a older model Rem 700 ADL action. Ball point pen in photo pointing toward the tab on magazine housing. It should be about 1/8 in long or so. Anyone have one they can mail me? I have spare Weaver scope rings or other gun items to return. Stuck in Cross Plains taking care of folks during quarantine and trying to fix guns after doing computer work all day.

Thanks and y’all be safe.

Larry Tatom
    PO Box 155
    Cross Plains, TX. 76443
    Attached Files

I don’t have one but the screw size and pitch is 4-40TPI. Length of threaded portion of screw is .200". Might find one at a hardware store and file it to length.

Comment

I went to a local gun shop and found a screw I figured I'd never find. They had a bin full of them.

Comment

Ace hardware has gun screws in the bulk nut/bolt drawers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the late night suggestions. I knew the GS would come thru. ��

Comment

Awesome info

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            I don’t have one but the screw size and pitch is 4-40TPI. Length of threaded portion of screw is .200". Might find one at a hardware store and file it to length.
            Thank you Sir!

Comment

What type of head is on it? Flat head, socket head, pan head? I might can send you an envelope full.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                What type of head is on it? Flat head, socket head, pan head? I might can send you an envelope full.
                Here is a link with a picture.

Comment

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1601181543
                  Let me see if we have them.

Comment

Flat head I presume

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    Screw was missing when I got the gun. Looked for screws locally but 1,000 population ( if that much!) town has few options. If you have 1 or 2 to mail me I would appreciate it.

Be safe Sir!

Comment

Well crap

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1601181543
                      I looked all through Midway and didn’t find that. M16, it is obvious your Search talents are better than mine!

Comment

You probably need to just order one from that link. We don't have any that small in that style. Sorry.

Comment

No worries Goldeneagle! THANKS for your time. Order for multiple items going to Midway in a couple of minutes. THANKS again to M16 too.

Comment

Brownell's typically has all those screws also.

Comment

Larry, I got one in the mailbox on its way to you. I do not need anything in return as this a spare part I had from an ADL that I converted to a BDL. Let me know if it does or does not work when you get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X