Who uses Battery powered weed eaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who uses Battery powered weed eaters?

Looking at getting a new weed eater. Yard is about 1/3 of an acre not much weed eating, about 45 minutes at best. Thinking about going battery operated . Anyone use one, Or have any experience with them? If so which would you recommend?

For small jobs like that, they are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Ego 56v and love it. In fact I mow 3/4 acre with their push mower and have the blower and chainsaw. Doubt I will ever go back to gas.

Comment

I have the Echo brand. Works great. Just as much power as my old gas one without the noise and headache that comes with keeping a gas trimmer going. Battery last as long as I need it. The blower uses the battery faster. I have the trimmer, blower and chainsaw. Am more than satisfied with all of them.

Comment

I'm headed that way myself, really looking to go all dewalt. They have a weed eater that will use their 20, 40 or 60 flex volt batteries. The heavy duty one will do most any yard and is strong enough for most deer lease work that you'd use a gas model for.

I'd get their dual 60 volt lawn mower if it was self propelled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ryobi 18 volt. I have the weedeater, blower, and tree trimmer. They all work pretty good easy to use

Comment

I have an Echo 58v . The only drawback is the delay to get the head spinning at full RPM. Other than that I love it. I can do my whole yard on 2 charges.

Comment

I just switched over to the ryobi 40 volt stuff and have loved it all so far. I already had a bunch of attachments for them with the expand it line. I bought the weed eater where you can add these attachments on and the chainsaw. It has all been awesome so far. After getting the chainsaw I now have 2 batteries and chargers which would be my only complaint if I only had one battery. They take a very long time to charge and it’ll last about 45 minutes to an hour of straight use with the weed eater. I’ve noticed other attachments don’t eat up the battery as fast.

I’ve used the weed eater, chain saw, brush cutter, pole saw, and a little tiller attachment.

Comment

Same here have several dewalt 20v lithium batteries. Like the looks and the reviews on this one

Just wonder if it will hold up to mostly light but regular yard use.

Comment

I just started using milwalkie this year. We like it much better than the gas one. Ive got .6ac and my big battery wont quite do it all I have another one to throw on to finish. The line goes in super easy. Don't think you will be disappointed in the switch

Comment

Got the dewalt 20 weed eater, for Father's Day got 2 bags full of kool tools to boot, those tools and 3 batteries I may be able to take over the world! Just this morning had a brain movement- thinking about putting an impeller on a shaft then hooking up the old dewalt 20v 2 speed drill and seeing what kinda mph I can get a kayak up to....but back to the question, I can do most of my place (2 lots) on 1 battery as long as I don't let the weeds get out of hand.

Comment

I think you’d be fine with one for the size of your yard. Especially if you can find one that uses your power tool batteries. I have Makita tools and I ended up buying the vacuum, leaf blower and hedge trimmers that all take the batteries for my drills. Work like a champ!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                          I use Ego 56v and love it. In fact I mow 3/4 acre with their push mower and have the blower and chainsaw. Doubt I will ever go back to gas.

I've got the same string trimmer and it works fine, with a pretty long run time. When we moved to this house about 18 months ago, we misplaced the charger for it. I was working out of state at the time, and my wife decided to go get a light weight string trimmer, she didn't like the physical weight of the Ego. She got the smallest Stihl they made and that thing is gutless. It won't handle much, and the battery might last 20 - 30 minutes. I found the charger for the Ego and it has twice the power and run time of that little Stihl.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            I've got the same string trimmer and it works fine, with a pretty long run time. When we moved to this house about 18 months ago, we misplaced the charger for it. I was working out of state at the time, and my wife decided to go get a light weight string trimmer, she didn't like the physical weight of the Ego. She got the smallest Stihl they made and that thing is gutless. It won't handle much, and the battery might last 20 - 30 minutes. I found the charger for the Ego and it has twice the power and run time of that little Stihl.

I run the 2.5ah battery for my trimming the. Put it on the charger while I mow. Mower runs the 7.5 battery which is too heavy for the carry tools. I get my entire property mowed on one charge then pop that 2.5 back in the blower to finish up. Blower is the loudest tool they make. I can mow and talk on the phone. Mower even has a headlight for hot weather like this!

Comment

We have an 18 volt Dewalt. It works well

I hate how you have to string the line. Gas weed eaters the head spool comes off so you can string it. On the Dewalt the spool doesn’t come off.

The battery charge is fairly good. We have a lot of weed eating at our house and we can typically get it done in two charges

Comment

Working...
                              X