SHNF 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHNF 2022-2023 Season

Here is a new thread for you guys. I will be watching but probably not hunt it this year. A tick with RMSF got into me and went undiagnosed for several months. Going to have some long term issues it looks like. Doctors in Texas don’t look for RMSF as there are usually less than 12 cases a year here in Texas. All I can say is if you get a headache 7-10 after a tick bite and it feels like blood is about to come out of your ears and eyes go get checked for RMSF. GOOD LUCK.

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
    Here is a new thread for you guys. I will be watching but probably not hunt it this year. A tick with RMSF got into me and went undiagnosed for several months. Going to have some long term issues it looks like. Doctors in Texas don’t look for RMSF as there are usually less than 12 cases a year here in Texas. All I can say is if you get a headache 7-10 after a tick bite and it feels like blood is about to come out of your ears and eyes go get checked for RMSF. GOOD LUCK.

I dont know what RMSF is. Hope you get well. Hopefully you be in the woods soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RMSF Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

Comment

RMSF Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
        evil little things are those ticks

Comment

I hit the woods today about 1:00. Scouted about 2.5 miles looking for some fresh sign to set up on. There wasn't one spot not covered in dry leaves and pine straw, no sneaking at all. I never found sign, even in areas where it's been there year after year. Drove to some.back up locations but every spot already had trucks by that time.

I even came back by my original parking spot five minutes after I left and there was another guy parked there getting ready. Starting off a lot like last season.

Comment

Good report CEO I had been wounding how the traffic has been. Keep having things to take care of but this coming weekend is my birthday so no stopping me.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
              Good report CEO I had been wounding how the traffic has been. Keep having things to take care of but this coming weekend is my birthday so no stopping me.
              Good luck to ya

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                Good luck sir

Comment

well so far i been up a tree 10 times the past week and have not seen a thing. cameras have some good pics by opener weekend then as usual, almost nothing now. at least its not as hot as last year, man i was sweating so bad just to get to the tree and by the time i was on my platform i was too tired lol

Comment

I’m sorry to hear this.I’ve been battling Lyme and RMSF for a while myself.No telling how long I’ve had these or when and where I got em.I’ve had awful health issues for ten years or so,I was really on my deathbed when I finally got diagnosed.I hope your getting the medical help you need but feel free to contact me if you need a sounding board or want to visit on my experience.I’ll keep you in my prayers and hoping for a quick recovery.

Comment

Man what happened to SHNF it just to be the main public lands thread every season and now it just barely getting a trickle of post.

Comment

Going up a tree tomorrow. Last week, i was up on a tree from 3pm, and it was hot. Sweating all day till 6pm. By 7 i was done and lowered my backpack and bow. Well i guess that bag made enough noise falling over on those dried crunchy leaves, a doe came rushing in and stopped directly under me and next to my bow. Cant make this up [emoji23].

Comment

Originally posted by pelochas View Post
                          Going up a tree tomorrow. Last week, i was up on a tree from 3pm, and it was hot. Sweating all day till 6pm. By 7 i was done and lowered my backpack and bow. Well i guess that bag made enough noise falling over on those dried crunchy leaves, a doe came rushing in and stopped directly under me and next to my bow. Cant make this up [emoji23].

Dang. That’s seems like the Sam

Comment

LDPs!!!?!?!???

Comment

Anyone shoot anything? Seems like the only deer I have seen have been hanging out in front yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X