Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
    Question for kp...

Does your alarm SIM work on AT&T? I have a similar trap with the same relay and was using a Tracfone card but it seemed to quit working with the 3G shutdown several weeks ago. Replaced it with an AT&T prepaid sim and it's working again, but expensive. AT&T has the best coverage in my area.

Also, is the Reolink camera still running off of T-Mobile only? I tried one a year or so ago and couldn't get any T-Mobile service at my property.
    The alarm SIM card actually goes through Speedtalk which is TMobile. Since AT&T now owns TMobile it works in the AT&T coverage areas as well. Currently I pay $5 per month for the gate setup. If you look at the speedtalk coverage map it will give you a good idea if you will have signal or not. Based on where I tested mine for service the coverage map was very accurate.

The Reolink camera runs on the Eiot SIM card which also runs on both TMobile and AT&T. I will say this the Reolink camera picks up really good service and gets better signal than my gate setup, trail cameras and my cell phone. My current setup for Reolink cost me $10 per month.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      Super cool man and I am jealous. Are you going to catch them every chance you get or try to wait till the whole sounder is in the cage? I know there are quite a few guys that wait weeks/months for the entire sounder to trap. I don't know if I would have the self control to wait that long and not hit the button when I know a bunch are in there lol.
      I have been pre-baiting the area where the trap is located and it appears I have 2 sounders and both have young pigs. My goal is to trap the complete sounder but If I have a big boar come in I will trap him as well. Based on my research a big boar will keep the smaller hogs ran out making it impossible to catch the complete sounder at one time. Currently the deer are eating all my corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Thanks for sharing the materials list and update sir! You should get a commission for all the ones about to be built by members.
        I have learned a lot from this forum over the years and thought I would try to help others out once I got everything up and going. When I was in the process of building the control box I joined a group on Facebook and starting asking questions and received minimum responses. I quickly learned that most people in the group built and sold control boxes and would not help out with details but would sale you one. I told myself right then once I get everything figured I would post and share everything that I learned to help others out.

I actually reached to to a company that sales hog traps to just buy a gate and they would not sale me just the gate. They told me to buy a gate I had to buy the control box and the gate as one package. I kindly said no thank you and built my own.

Comment

Next on the list is to build another gate and run both gates off the same control box. This should make the hogs more comfortable going in and out of the trap.

Comment

Impressive work sir.

Rwc

Comment

Cell trap

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              What did you use for the cellular portion?

Comment

Originally posted by Canderson396 View Post
                What did you use for the cellular portion?
                I used a Kiaotime control switch P/N KT-G3-A USA 4G GSM auto relay switch 12 volt with a SpeedTalk SIM card for the cellular portion.

Comment

Ok this is cool. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I built one very similar with the same GSM relay 9 months ago. Dang things work. I’ve caught 356 hogs since last September

Comment

that really is impressive...you even welded up all those panels?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                        that really is impressive...you even welded up all those panels?
                        Yes sir! Once I got the jib built it did not take long to build them. I cut all the materials one day then welded everything up. I have a Hobart 140 and run solid wire with shielding gas and it’s welds great on these projects.

Comment

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post
                          I have been pre-baiting the area where the trap is located and it appears I have 2 sounders and both have young pigs. My goal is to trap the complete sounder but If I have a big boar come in I will trap him as well. Based on my research a big boar will keep the smaller hogs ran out making it impossible to catch the complete sounder at one time. Currently the deer are eating all my corn.
                          Sweet man. I have watched some of those videos and guys wait for MONTHS to get the whole sounder. They have a lot more self control than I do.

Comment

Had a few visitors last night. Maybe in the next couple of nights they will get more comfortable and all go in. This is the first time they have showed up since I set up the trap.

Comment

That’s awesome

Comment

I love the angle on the photos. I can't wait to see your success! You put a lot of effort into building that and I hope it pays off.

My hogs are showing up at 2 am, when I'm dead asleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X