Cool story about my grandpa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool story about my grandpa

This is a story about my grandpa (Bapa). He has really bad Alzhiemers and doesn't know any of us anymore, but he does apparently remember Jesus. My sister sent me this email a couple days ago, and I thought I'd share it with y'all. My grandmother passed away a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't seem to remember, but he seems to know that somebody is missing now. I really hate Alzheimer's.

Today I went to Tulia on my way home felt like I should stop and see Bapa at the nursing home in Plainview. It was 6:30 p.m. and I tried to talk myself out of stopping because he might be in bed, etc., but then I just kept feeling like I should stop. So I did and they told me he was in the TV room. He was down there talking to some people and then they finally left and I was sitting next to him on the couch. He was just rambling about who knows what. He said, “I don’t hear very good anymore.” I wondered if he meant remember instead of hear. Then I said to him, “You remember Jesus, don’t you?” He made eye contact and said, “yes” and I asked him if he remembered teaching Bible studies, and he said, “I could do that.”

Then he was saying, ‘They’re all gone, I don’t know where they are, but they’re all gone. Everyone’s gone but me.” I said where did they go, and he said he didn’t know. Then I said, “Well someday we’re all going to go to Heaven.” He instantly looked in my eyes and grinned as big as he could and said, “Oh boy, Oh boy, I’ve been waiting. I see it every day.” I said with tears in my eyes, “You do?” He said, “Yes, I’m beautiful there.” He never stopped looking in my eyes as we had this conversation for a couple of minutes and he never stopped smiling. I had to really hold myself together as we sat there looking into each other’s eyes talking about Heaven.

When I finally left a little while later, he said, “I couldn’t go, but now I can.”

I’m not sure of a lot of things, but I know one thing, Bapa knows where he’s going. Even if that’s all he knows!

powerful stuff!

Comment

Good Stuff! Thanks for posting.

Comment

wow that choked me up

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, great story that you will always remember.

Comment

The most important things we tend to remember. There is nothing more important than knowing where you are going. We all need to prepare, before it is too late. God bless him.

Comment

Great story, thanks for posting it up.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful story.

Comment

Wow, that was an awesome post. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Great story Shane!

Comment

I'm convinced

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Blake View Post