No announcement yet.

Considering a Traeger pellet smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yall convinced me, going with Rectec 700.

Can get it cheaper than the traeger equivalent.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
      We love our RecTec. I researched the crap out of these things before we bought the RecTec. It's awesome!
      X2. We love our 590! Buy the grill grates. Excellent sear on steaks

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
        Yall convinced me, going with Rectec 700.

Can get it cheaper than the traeger equivalent.
        I have not regretted my choice. Get the seat plates. You will thank me.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Comment

You can’t go wrong with a pellet grill, they all pretty much do the same thing.
          Traeger parts are super easy to get on Amazon if you have any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            Pit Boss for $600 and save your $1400 for something fun.
            ^^^^this^^^^

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-14 132153.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	24693441

Don't do it man, next you'll be wearing visors and croc's

Comment

No love for Camp Chef? I have and enjoy the Camp Chef WoodWind smoker. Wifi compatible, and I like the ‘sidekick’ burner and all the accessories that go with it.

Comment

I have a ironwood 885. I can cook the entire thanksgiving dinner for 20 on it. I can cook a pizza or a pie if I don’t want to heat the house up. I have been doing cookies and bread a lot lately. In addition to the meats listed above, I have done prime ribs and tenderloin. Both do much better than the stick burner.

Comment

I had nothing but issues with my Traeger. Finally got tired of fixing it. I will never waste money on a Traeger again
                    Went to Recteq and have not looked back. Love it

Comment

Old country gravity fed with a controller/fan set up falls into that price range. Slightly more work than a pellet, but that is just adding wood chunks every 30 minutes. Once you wrap (not worried about smoke any longer) you dont have to babysit at all.

Mine will run 16+ hours on one hopper of charcoal and hold temp to +/- 1 degree.

Comment

Great tasting brisket from my RT 590. I don`t cook pork butts on it for pulled pork though. It just doesn`t give it enough smoke flavor for me. I still use the old stick burner for that. Best of both worlds.

Horns In !!

Attached Files

Comment

I like my Traeger but have not had anything else to compare it to. I am a newby but it it works very well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not a "pro" but I will weigh in with my experience. If you like smoked meat, there is no beating a stick burner. The results aren't even comparable. The "bark" on a pellet grill brisket is a joke. Maybe it is better with supplemental smoke added? I'm sure yall will post pics of beautiful bark off a pellet grill but i am sharing my personal experience. As far as grilling on a pellet grill, they are pretty convenient. The downside is that I like to cook over direct fire, not in a box heated by fire. So the direct fire in most pellet grills is coming out of 3-4" hole. I can do 2 to 3 burger patties at a time or 2 smallish steaks. Results are better if you do one burger at a time or one steak.

The only place it wins is convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                              I'm not a "pro" but I will weigh in with my experience. If you like smoked meat, there is no beating a stick burner. The results aren't even comparable. The "bark" on a pellet grill brisket is a joke. Maybe it is better with supplemental smoke added? I'm sure yall will post pics of beautiful bark off a pellet grill but i am sharing my personal experience. As far as grilling on a pellet grill, they are pretty convenient. The downside is that I like to cook over direct fire, not in a box heated by fire. So the direct fire in most pellet grills is coming out of 3-4" hole. I can do 2 to 3 burger patties at a time or 2 smallish steaks. Results are better if you do one burger at a time or one steak.

The only place it wins is convenience.
                              Look into a Recteq Bullseye for grilling. It is dang good for anything grilled. It will get north of 500 in a matter of minutes.

Comment

I'll ad that I can do a better brisket on my big stick burner but for the convenience and extra sleep, I cook on my Recteq RT-700 every time I do a brisket at home. No complaints at all at my house.

Comment

Working...
                                X