Pre-64 Winchester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-64 Winchester

Stopped off during a business trip to see my 91yr. old uncle. He took me down to his basement to show me a few guns. One of which is a pre-64 Winchester marked "300 Magnum" with a 154*** serial number.

He wasn't sure if it's .300 H&H or .300 Win and had ammo in both. I'm pretty sure it's a .300 H&H but wanted to ask the green screen. Google didn't provide me any help other than ones for sale.

Also, if anyone can help me dial in year of manufacture that would be great. He thought it was pre 1950 but wasn't sure.

300 H&H. 300 Win Mag wasn’t introduced until 63. That one would’ve been manufactured in 1950.

Comment

that link will tell you what you want to know. 1950 is the year for 154***

Comment

Pretty sure the H&H was produced at least as far back as 1950 and was stamper "300 Magnum."

Comment

Seen lots of H&H , the 300wm is a holy grail gun
          I would gladly hunt with the H&H , it’s the forgotten 300

Comment

It's a H&H...I'm pretty sure the 300wm was only made in 1963

Comment

I can check the stamp on my pre-64 300 H&H when I get home next week… don’t remember off the top of my head what it is.

Comment

Thanks!!!! I was assuming it was an H&H. If my dad's right, it will be my gun someday and I'll gladly take it into the woods.

Comment

Working...
                X