Adrenaline release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrenaline release

I do not get an adrenaline release often but, I have had a few and found it impossible to take a good shot. It has always been with a rifle and never with a bow. It has always been at short range when I had sparse cover. In other words the last place you would want to have increased heart rate and jitters. It has always been on outstanding animals. Have any of you experienced this. If so have you came up with a system to cope.

Yes. Make yourself put the gun down till you calm down

Comment

Isn’t this why we hunt?
      Deep breaths and visualize what you need to do next helps me.

Comment

Slow deep breaths...breath...slow deep breaths...breath...slow deep breaths...breath...

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Yes. Make yourself put the gun down till you calm down

Yep this is what has worked for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
            Isn’t this why we hunt?
            Deep breaths and visualize what you need to do next helps me.
            You know you are right. Now I think about it I would not trade that feeling for anything.

Comment

Yep. Breathe in through nose, out through mouth. Crazy how fast your HR drops.

Love that feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                You know you are right. Now I think about it I would not trade that feeling for anything.

You can still get the feeling, just don’t react instantly. Take a couple of minutes before reacting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not sure I would hunt if it didn't happen! I do suffer but when bow hunting, I go into autopilot during the shot.

Comment

Put yourself in very stressful situations often, i.e. bet large on poker night when you normally wouldn't. Take that 20$ arrow shot bet with your buddy infront of everyone ect. Helped me some

Comment

Working...
                    X