New Remington offering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this does well.

Boutique rifle makers sure put out good products but it's comforting knowing we still have huge manufacturers putting out guns for the regular guys.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      I’m not sure what you guys that aren’t impressed with it are thinking.

90% of rifles folks build have every one of those features.

Great stock maker. Decent trigger. Quality DBM and a long OAL capability. The easiest scope ring system to mount a scope on. Fluting. Threading. One piece(much stronger) bolt body with interchangeable knobs. Fluted bolt. Cerakote. Side bolt release.

They checked every box you can except for the grip angle.

If it shoots it’ll be a home run for them.
      if that rifle is priced at $2299 , would you still buy it ?

what is the price break point before you invest in one ?

Just asking since I respect your opinion and your money

personally, I built custom rifles just like that 20+ years ago. I have zero interest in the new Remington since what I already own trumps that rifle all day long.

IMO, the new owners of Rem are "stuck like chuck". Remington loyalists' want the old school quality (70's and 80') with an affordable price in the $750-$950 range. Their newest creation, ALPHA 1, is a wanna-be custom rifle yet still has the Remington name but will come with a hefty price tag.

If they can sell that rifle for $1500 it's a good buy for the right person. If the price is $1700+ , you're still buying a factory production rifle as there are far better options available.

Comment

They’ll make up for quality and only offer in a 6.5 needmore so everyone can think they can do sniper stuff at sniper ranges except everything will run off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          if that rifle is priced at $2299 , would you still buy it ?

what is the price break point before you invest in one ?

Just asking since I respect your opinion and your money

personally, I built custom rifles just like that 20+ years ago. I have zero interest in the new Remington since what I already own trumps that rifle all day long.

IMO, the new owners of Rem are "stuck like chuck". Remington loyalists' want the old school quality (70's and 80') with an affordable price in the $750-$950 range. Their newest creation, ALPHA 1, is a wanna-be custom rifle yet still has the Remington name but will come with a hefty price tag.

If they can sell that rifle for $1500 it's a good buy for the right person. If the price is $1700+ , you're still buying a factory production rifle as there are far better options available.
          I see it coming in around $1500. I’d buy a used one for a grand. But, like you, I piece together my own. And thanks to Johnny and thanks to me knowing how to source deals on parts, a full blown custom at 3-3.5k is easy easy to do. Cheaper at times with top shelf parts.

Blake what I see of the rifle world is like optics. People are fast to gain features and give up a touch of quality. You know that barrel isn’t a stainless lilja. Seekins uses Rock Creek. Or did. But if built right I think it’ll shoot.

Folks spend big bucks on Browning’s and Bergara and Springfield and Seekins. Heck look at the new Weatherbys. And half of these don’t have these features. Time will tell. I hated to see a legend go down how they did. I hope they come in swinging (they appear to be) and hit a home run. Competition drives innovation.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
            They’ll make up for quality and only offer in a 6.5 needmore so everyone can think they can do sniper stuff at sniper ranges except everything will run off.
            It’s a conspiracy with deer dog owners! They are in on it! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              If the pretty wood still existed they would out sell black plastic guns 5 to 1 but pretty wood is very expensive and black plastic or composite is much cheaper, fast and easy.. That is the real reason gun manufacturers went with it.. It was soley based on cost savings and it shows..
              Weatherby and Cooper and Browning disagree. Pretty wood is still out there. You’d be surprised how cheap some of that wood is. All 3 mentioned make and made gorgeous wood stocks. They aren’t as strong. They aren’t as tough. And both comes with accuracy loss. Like you, I truly love a very high figure wood stock. Think English double type. But I know what I use mine for. It won’t work.

Carbon and fiberglass stocks own the market. As does Cerakote and stainless. Pic rails over standard old school scope rings. Threaded barrels. Vertical grips. Fast twist rates. And cool paint.

I’m gonna step on some toes here but fine. Look how many folks line up for the APR deal and wait MONTHS. 7/8 months for a build with all these features. At a much higher price tag. Lots of builders can crank those out in 1-3 months. Now you’re getting one similar off the shelf? Yeah the barrel isn’t as good. Bedding likely isn’t the same. But for 95% of folks it fits the bill perfectly. Most folks don’t use a rifle to even half of its capabilities. Me included these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                It will have to gain a reputation to shoot out of the box like a tikka to gain any traction like the 700 of old.
                Agreed! I have several older 700's, a 721 and a 722 that I love. But, since buying a Tikka a couple of years ago, I have no need to look at Remington again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it might be worth checking out.

Comment

Pure ugliness... Cheap looking black, plastic, junk like that dam sure isn't what made Remington famous and once so popular.. The pretty wood and deep, high luster, bluing on a BDL and an 1100 did that.. And the 700's out of the box accuracy..
                    Now just more ugly black and cheap molded plastic.. SMDH..

AG Composites stocks are far from cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

New Remington offering.

If the pretty wood still existed they would out sell black plastic guns 5 to 1 but pretty wood is very expensive and black plastic or composite is much cheaper, fast and easy.. That is the real reason gun manufacturers went with it.. It was soley based on cost savings and it shows..

Lol, ok because wood never moves or warps in wet, cold, hot, etc conditions.

I like the looks of a wood stock as much as anybody but the composites are much more stable and impervious to varying conditions.

I took my pretty circa 1980 Remington 1100 coastal duck hunting. That was a dumb mistake. Guys shooting their parkerized and composite stocked shotguns tried to tell me. But I took all I had at the time. It **** near ruined that gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Mike D; 09-29-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Who is Remington these days? It’s nothing but a brand some are still loyal to. We’ll have to see if they make quality stuff.

Comment

RoundHill group purchased Remington Arms

Comment

My kind of 700.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Old Bald Guy; 09-29-2022, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                              Agreed! I have several older 700's, a 721 and a 722 that I love. But, since buying a Tikka a couple of years ago, I have no need to look at Remington again.
                              IF they could deliver this Alpha with tikka accuracy in a $1200 price point it could likely put them back on the map.

$1500 plus & the old big green fans will keep searching for minty senderos / vssf's.

Comment

New Remington offering.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                IF they could deliver this Alpha with tikka accuracy in a $1200 price point it could likely put them back on the map.

$1500 plus & the old big green fans will keep searching for minty senderos / vssf's.

There’s no way they’ll get it to around $1200. If it comes in under $1500, I’ll be somewhat surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Raider4044; 09-29-2022, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X