• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    Whatever you do, don’t miss that deer, or your arrow is toast!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No kidding - that backstop will make you focus for sure!

Comment

Seriously though... I would move your target for trad shooting..... I found my backstop when I made the switch.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

bringing this back up! Hoping to get my first tradbow kill this year - carried my bow a few times in the past few years, but haven't been able make it happen yet with our little kids.

Got the bow dialed in again and feeling pretty solid out to 15 yards thus far.

*I did have a question on broadheads - I'm using Steelforce 125gr - 4 blade heads for practice and they are flying really well. But, they don't seem that sharp?

Are there better heads I should look at in the 125gr weight range?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Magnus stingers

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot 7-7/8 on my Palmer with 35/55 carbons . With 190 up front

Comment

Help with Palmer bow - brace height, arrows

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
              *I did have a question on broadheads - I'm using Steelforce 125gr - 4 blade heads for practice and they are flying really well. But, they don't seem that sharp?

Are there better heads I should look at in the 125gr weight range?

Thanks for the help!

Broadhead sharpness is critical! You should be able to resharpen those blades. If I’m not mistaken, you can take those heads apart to sharpen the blades. If you can’t get them sharp, I would definitely find a different broadhead to hunt with.

I won’t put a broadhead on my arrow unless it will easily shave hair!

Bisch

Comment

I agree with Bisch, they need to shave. Being a knife maker, I don't have a problem getting my broadheads razor sharp. I've been using Muzzy Phantoms 220 gn with the bleeder blades for 8 or more years. Unfortunately, I can't find them anymore, but thank God I still have a few without the bleeder blades, I'm ok with that. I like heavy, always have.
                Aim small, miss small.

Comment

thanks guys, found a package of unopened 125gr magnus 2 blades in my stash that are flying great. Went ahead and ordered some new 4 blades as well - they are surprisingly hard to find.

Gotta keep practicing and hopefully get a chance at a big buck this year.

Comment

Good luck! Hope to see an LDP from you soon!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                    X