Phone besides iPhone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    You are running a phone that is 6 generation old and complaining? Are the Droid phones lasting as long as the apple phones?

My wife still uses an iPhone 7 and it runs just fine.

What kind of serviceable life do you feel is acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You are right, Mike D. I am in the tech industry, although not cell phones. The life cycle of these type of electronics is 3-5 years and with phones, probably closer to 3-4 years. Can you run them longer? Yes but beyond that you start seeing software issues come up, battery not lasting nearly as long etc..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info. My wife went the Samsung route today, I’m still indecisive. I don’t like change and all I’ve ever had as far as smart phones is the iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
        so the only plus is the camera?
        Nope
        It has the RAM, Processor speed and 256 gig storage I wanted.
        [emoji56]

Comment

Lots of good devices. Lots of really crappy apps, and Google will happily give everything over to the feds if they so much as wave hi. Samsung has good hardware overall. The ecosystem is much more fragmented. Things tend to not “just work” as they do if you stay in Apple’s walled garden. Personal choice. Ford v Chevy. Mathews v Hoyt. Android v Apple. Plan on spending some time removing bloatware on any android device.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            And they still have the stupid Lightning cable and not a USB-C like the rest of the world. Even my iPad has USB-C. They are behind on just about everything except group communications.
            In Europe they have to adopt usb c by law in two years. Or offer only wireless charging. Some law about electrical waste.

Oh and I forgot another great feature of the iPhone.... Apple Maps. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              In Europe they have to adopt usb c by law in two years. Or offer only wireless charging. Some law about electrical waste.

Oh and I forgot another great feature of the iPhone.... Apple Maps. [emoji6]
              Yeah, one of the first apps I downloaded on my new iPhone was Google Maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Yeah, one of the first apps I downloaded on my new iPhone was Google Maps.
                everyone i know with an iphone uses waze or wayze or whatever it is

Comment

I've tried to switch from iPhone to Samsung a couple of times....longest I ever made it was 2 days before I returned the Samsung. I'm sure they are great, I'm just getting old and I'm a creature of habit.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    I've got the Pixel 6 XL right now. The phone itself works great, but the fingerprint ID is absolute trash. And I say that worried that I may offend rotting garbage everywhere with the comparison.

Should've waited for the new Samsung that was coming out a month later.
                    Would like to update my phone performance on this old thread. This Pixel is a piece of junk. First android phone I've had a bad opinion of.

-Fingerprint ID still garbage.
                    -Button to take pictures randomly won't work and I'll have to restart my phone.
                    -Will not charge from being plugged in.

I can plug this thing in for an hour and it may move 1-2%. Charges great on the charging station at home, but if it gets nudged off during the night and doesn't charge, it will die during the day.

Example today: Did not charge fully last night. Had 11% battery at 11:00. Plugged in since then and I am at 13%

Phone is less than a year old. Do not buy one of these things.

Comment

I've had the iPhone for a couple months now. I've gotten used to it, but it's still behind the Samsung Galaxy overall except for the group communication features. If it weren't for that, with my wife and kids and their spouses all having iPhones, I'd be going back to Samsung. It's still a good phone. It's just a little behind Samsung overall.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        My wife still has a galaxy S8 active. She won't get rid of it lol. They are great phones.
                        I dont blame her, I wish I still had mine

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

apple has been linked to the super liberals, just sayin

go droid and never look back

Comment

Wait for Elon's phone to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              think iphones are great for teens, soccer moms, and old people.
                              judging by the iphone love posted in this thread

100%

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                You highly underestimate Apple envy…..

But, but….. it’s proprietary…..

Yep, that’s why it’s faster, has a better battery, better camera, better video, better audio……
                                Apple battery life shortens as more updates go to it. This has been documented as a way to "extend overall phone life" [emoji53]

I've tossed around the idea of moving to iphone, but every time I do I'm reminded of how much better my phone is in regards to camera, video, sound, battery life, and ability to customize it. I don't like hunting for apps on my phone, but would rather just move things around in a way that best suits me. Widgets go a long way for me, where as Apple just started doing widgets on like OS12 or something like that.

Here's a pic of the moon I took with my Galaxy 21 Ultra.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221006_202319_100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	24700107

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X