Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guadalupe SP GDE Jan 6-8

Who else will be there? Was lucky to get picked in the second draw

Switchback and I will be in the Guadalupe SP-Bauer Unit across the river. This makes our 13th year putting in for GDE. Hoping this hunt turns out success for everyone.

Comment

Guadalupe SP, Guadalupe SP-Bauer Unit, And Honey Creek will all have orientation together. And hunt each unit on the same dates. Don't be late to orientation!

Comment

Congrats thats a good hunt! I did a doe spike hunt there a few years back. Saw some very nice bucks and huge axis but they wern't allowed. I made the most of it though and got 4 axis does, 1 whitetail doe, and a big spike! Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Doug! That's very encouraging info.

Now, I just gotta wait 3.5 more months!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Guadalupe SP, Guadalupe SP-Bauer Unit, And Honey Creek will all have orientation together. And hunt each unit on the same dates. Don't be late to orientation!
            Good to know! I wonder which unit has the better concentration of whitetail/axis?

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
              Congrats thats a good hunt! I did a doe spike hunt there a few years back. Saw some very nice bucks and huge axis but they wern't allowed. I made the most of it though and got 4 axis does, 1 whitetail doe, and a big spike! Good luck!
              Hopefully our group has the same luck! The wait begins

Comment

Thanks Doug! That's very encouraging info.

Now, I just gotta wait 3.5 more months!

Naw. You'll get distracted by ducks and forget all about it... I'd set the reminder now.

Are Axis on the menu this year?

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                  Naw. You'll get distracted by ducks and forget all about it... I'd set the reminder now.

Are Axis on the menu this year?
                  Supposed to be. Along with a few others.

Alarm set!

Comment

Got a email from hunt coordinator asking for confirmation this morning. And a little layout of what's in store.

I'm gonna take one 150quart, and two 120qt coolers for game.
                    And some smaller ones for my food and drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Harlan View Post
                      Who else will be there? Was lucky to get picked in the second draw

Your welcome. I had to give up two spots and 11 pts for another hunt. Great place I hope you’re very successful and have a great hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                        Your welcome. I had to give up two spots and 11 pts for another hunt. Great place I hope you’re very successful and have a great hunt.

That was mighty kind of you. You must have had one heck of a draw on the other hunt! The best to you on it!
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-02-2022, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Gun deer laguna Atascosa the following week. I’ll have two buddies there. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                            I very much apperciate it!

Comment

Got a email from hunt coordinator asking for confirmation this morning. And a little layout of what's in store.

I'm gonna take one 150quart, and two 120qt coolers for game.
                              And some smaller ones for my food and drink.
                              Got the same email, just resonded this moring. Was very impressed with all the information in the email. I might have to buy an cooler or 2

Comment

Working...
                              X