No announcement yet.

Phone besides iPhone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got an iPhone 14 Pro Max after having Samsung Galaxy phones for years (S21 Ultra, most recently). I've just been on the iPhone for a couple days so far, so I have a ways to go to learn all the little ins and outs. But so far I'm not too impressed. The iPhone keyboard sucks, compared to the Samsung. No numbers on the screen unless you click the button to switch to numbers, then click again to switch back to letters. No .com shortcut button, and no autofill feature that I can find. It's a little thing, but it becomes a major annoyance when you're used to something that works easier.

I'm also very unimpressed with the iPhone camera. I understand that the video is supposed to be better on the iPhone, but I rarely shoot video. I like still pics, and the Galaxy blows the iPhone camera away for stills. Lots more controls and features on the Galaxy.

I got the iPhone because everybody else in my family has them, and the messaging and group communications are better on the iPhone. I'll keep it for a while for that, and I'll wait to see if it grows on me after I get used to it. But so far I'm thinking I'll go back to Samsung next time.

Comment

I have always had an iPhone and iPads it just don’t want to learn anything new. An ol fart set in my way I guess. Lol

Comment

I have had my galaxy 10 for a couple yrs now. We have been using galaxy phones since the S5 lol. My wife still has a galaxy S8 active. She won't get rid of it lol. They are great phones.

Comment

The main thing I really dislike about the iPhone is the updates will eventually cause the phone to crash to the point you have to buy another. I’ve ran primarily iPhones for several years and am seriously considering going a completely different route next time (still running an 8+). It’s utter BS that apple forces you to buy another every few years and hopefully one year a class action suit will stop all that!

Micheal

Comment

Punkt

Moving away from the connectedness. text and talk only and will I
            Use laptop for work.

Going the minimalist route and purposefully unplugging.

I even ordered checks lol

Comment

I've got the Pixel 6 XL right now. The phone itself works great, but the fingerprint ID is absolute trash. And I say that worried that I may offend rotting garbage everywhere with the comparison.

Should've waited for the new Samsung that was coming out a month later.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                I’ve had an IPhone since 2013. I don’t know what anyone would want that would be easier.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                its the small things like shane mentioned that you just get used to, buttons in different places, keyboard, etc. we have always had android until my wife got a iphone 6 when it came out, she hated it and went back to android as soon as she could upgrade.

i cant stand trying to look through an iphone when someone hands me one, i am sure you would feel the same trying to go through a samsung.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  I just got an iPhone 14 Pro Max after having Samsung Galaxy phones for years (S21 Ultra, most recently). I've just been on the iPhone for a couple days so far, so I have a ways to go to learn all the little ins and outs. But so far I'm not too impressed. The iPhone keyboard sucks, compared to the Samsung. No numbers on the screen unless you click the button to switch to numbers, then click again to switch back to letters. No .com shortcut button, and no autofill feature that I can find. It's a little thing, but it becomes a major annoyance when you're used to something that works easier.

I'm also very unimpressed with the iPhone camera. I understand that the video is supposed to be better on the iPhone, but I rarely shoot video. I like still pics, and the Galaxy blows the iPhone camera away for stills. Lots more controls and features on the Galaxy.

I got the iPhone because everybody else in my family has them, and the messaging and group communications are better on the iPhone. I'll keep it for a while for that, and I'll wait to see if it grows on me after I get used to it. But so far I'm thinking I'll go back to Samsung next time.

Shane the .com should be there is typing in an address bar. Also auto fill text is available in settings. You are correct about the numbers though. I would think at least on the ma phones that would be an option since the iPad has the numbers visible always, at least my iPad Pro does.

A few updates ago they also started doing swipe texting if you are used to that on the Android phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                    Punkt

Moving away from the connectedness. text and talk only and will I
                    Use laptop for work.

Going the minimalist route and purposefully unplugging.

I even ordered checks lol
                    I won't go so far as to order checks, but I'm attempting to move in this direction lol
                    As far as alternative to iphone: smoke signals, Morse code machine, carrier pigeon. Anything other than I phone. I've always had androids and at one time had to carry two phones. One was an I phone for work, I could do the work in the field on my personal phone in half the time it took on the I phone.
                    Last edited by doublearrow; 09-27-2022, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      The main thing I really dislike about the iPhone is the updates will eventually cause the phone to crash to the point you have to buy another. I’ve ran primarily iPhones for several years and am seriously considering going a completely different route next time (still running an 8+). It’s utter BS that apple forces you to buy another every few years and hopefully one year a class action suit will stop all that!

Micheal

You are running a phone that is 6 generation old and complaining? Are the Droid phones lasting as long as the apple phones?

My wife still uses an iPhone 7 and it runs just fine.

What kind of serviceable life do you feel is acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I went kicking and screaming into the iPhone world several years ago, because my wife and kids used iPhone, and the vast majority of my family and friends used iPhone, along with the fact our department issued phones were iPhones. Prior to that I used Samsung Galaxy phones. As someone already posted, I remember not liking the iPhone keyboard when compared to the Galaxy keyboard, but one I got used to it, I don't give it a second thought. What I remember is the iPhone seemed a little more intuitive, and less problematic with some apps. I belive I was told that Apple has strict proprietary guidelines app developers must follow in order to have their app approved to be placed in the App Store. I believe Android is more of an open source platform, and app development may not have to follow as stringent of a design, meaning abiding by proprietary software guidelines, and as a result, some apps don't function as well. I can't confirm this, just what I was told. Hopefully someone more tech savvy than me can chime in.

Comment

My personal phone is a samsung galaxy and my work phone is an Iphone. Samsung Galaxy is a superior phone. Iphone is decent for teenagers.

Comment

Does Samsung do all the tracking like iPhone does? It’s not a coincidence that you talk about something and next thing you know an ad pops up on Facebook or similar.

Comment

I have had iPhone for a long time. My last work phone was a samsung.. What trash that was. I will tell you this, if you have been with iphone for any period of time, you will not be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                That sounds like a carrier problem, not phone hardware or software.
                                We have the same carrier so that thought is out the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X