No announcement yet.

70s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60s and 70s the music was varied and great. Tulsa University had a "subterranean" radio program on certain nights with a lot of good music that wasn't top forty. Learned of groups I would have never heard about. I laugh at the 80s references.

Comment

Bring back the 8 Track!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texashookset View Post
        Buddy of mine was just telling me the other day that RR played for Quiet Riot before Ozzy. Never knew that.
        His replacement, Carlos Cavazos, looked just like him.

MTV was another feather in the 80s cap.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The 80's did have one thing going for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20220917_163710(1).jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	24692743

Comment

60s to early 80s had much better variety and creativity in music. Now you can't tell if it's rap, pop, country, or rock when a song comes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
              60s and 70s the music was varied and great. Tulsa University had a "subterranean" radio program on certain nights with a lot of good music that wasn't top forty. Learned of groups I would have never heard about. I laugh at the 80s references.
              If you lived in the San Antonio/Austin area in the early 70s, KMAC AM/FM radio played all the new stuff, Captain Beyond among others. Lou Roney and Joe Anthony (San Antonio Radio Hall of Fame)were the DJs who caused San Antonio to be labeled the Heavy Metal Capitol of the World. I like new stuff I hear on Spotify today as well.

Comment

i grew up in the 80`s and all i know is that the chicks were HOTTER !!

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                  If you lived in the San Antonio/Austin area in the early 70s, KMAC AM/FM radio played all the new stuff, Captain Beyond among others. Lou Roney and Joe Anthony (San Antonio Radio Hall of Fame)were the DJs who caused San Antonio to be labeled the Heavy Metal Capitol of the World. I like new stuff I hear on Spotify today as well.
                  Here in Dallas, we kept our transistor radio's on KLIF 1190.

Comment

This movie was very close to the 70`s that I remember as a senior in HS. It was about the graduating class of 1977 (I was in that class) and their last day of school as a junior in HS. It was about hazing your freshmen, HS parties, cruising on the weekends and hanging out with your friends. The songs, clothes, hair styles, cars/truck and football coaches (most were jerks like in the movie) were spot on for the school in went to in Texas in the 70`s. There was always a keg party somewhere on the weekend, but there was never any pot like the move showed. The pot heads always hung out somewhere else.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr7e6bu1a6U"]Dazed and Confused Trailer HQ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

As a fan of all genres of music If I had to pick the worst decade of music since I’ve alive (born in 84) it’s the 80’s easily. Always liked seventy’s music though.

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                        90s was the second best decade for Gen Xers. It's #1 for women.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          90s was the second best decade for Gen Xers. It's #1 for women.

Guess they don’t like men with big hair doos and tight pants

Comment

Nobody has mentioned “Me and You and a Dog named Boo” By Lobo. How about Paul Revere and the Raiders, the Monkeys? I should add that Mickey Dolenz , the last surviving member of the Monkeys has a lawsuit against the FBI. He wants to unseal the investigation against the Monkeys. Apparently the Monkeys were including anti Vietnam War “ subliminal messages” in their songs. Wow! Who woulda thunk it?! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                              70`s Hot Chick
                              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5i7j0VhEHw"]Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (Official Video) [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

different world

Comment

Working...
                                X