Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
    Good info.

Do you handload and what's the max range you're comfortable with?
    Currently, I do not reload but have put some considerable thought into it.

Max range on critters is probably a different story than on steel. Critters, probably 400 yards. Steel easily out to 1k.

Comment

Awesome caliber

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
        Currently, I do not reload but have put some considerable thought into it.

Max range on critters is probably a different story than on steel. Critters, probably 400 yards. Steel easily out to 1k.
        If you're seriously considering reloading then the sky's the limit.

If not then I'd strongly consider a 7RM or 300 winny as they have the greatest variety of factory ammo.

The other option would be to have a custom shop load your ammo until you pull back the cover on that rabbit hole called hand loading.

Btw-the two I mentioned are great to 400 in factory offerings and only made better with hand loads.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

28 Nosler is a great round. I shoot a 7 RUM and have more brass and components to last me a lifetime so I do not plan on changing calibers. I also like shooting smaller bullets faster and that has never failed me. I shoot the Barnes 145 gr LRX with great results.
          Like others have said, if you don't reload, factory rounds will be tougher to find in the 28.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

All,
            After looking at factory ammo and weighing the pros and cons (and seeing this isn't "needed"), I'm going to wait and see what the factory rifle offerings look like for the 7mm PRC. On paper the round looks like a near perfect sweet spot for my intended purposes.

Thank you all for your feedback and thoughts.
            -M

Comment

Working...
            X