No announcement yet.

Wrap vs Liner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I would bring back around. See if others had any input. Thanks for past comments and for any future comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wrap. Rhino liner sounds like a great idea but dust sticks to it in a really bad way and there's no turning back once you do it. It was designed to be a bed liner for these reasons.

Comment

Plus and minuses to both. Wraps are great. If installed correctly. If there are dents in the metal. You will have areas with an air pocket behind.

Liner. Durable. Come in a variety of colors. Prep time is a must. Turns off potential future buyers. On the flip side of that. Has a cult following as well.

So. Zero help from me. Just my nickels worth of advice
        Last edited by Big Lee; 09-18-2022, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tnwilliams View Post
          Thought I would bring back around. See if others had any input. Thanks for past comments and for any future comments.

Here is a few things to consider.

1 - weight
          2 - looks. The spray Bedliner WILL fade and look horrible in a few years
          3 - rust. Jeeps are already known for rusting. If you get some cancer behind the Bedliner it will be a nightmare to replace it. And it will never match once repaired

I would just get the inside lined ( this would not limit your buyers on resale) and just paint, wrap, or line the jeep if you need to down the road. It isn’t expensive to paint them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
            Here is a few things to consider.

1 - weight
            2 - looks. The spray Bedliner WILL fade and look horrible in a few years
            3 - rust. Jeeps are already known for rusting. If you get some cancer behind the Bedliner it will be a nightmare to replace it. And it will never match once repaired

I would just get the inside lined ( this would not limit your buyers on resale) and just paint, wrap, or line the jeep if you need to down the road. It isn’t expensive to paint them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with your last comment. I am thinking line the interior and wrap the exterior. Make interior more durable while keeping the outside flexible for the future. Not sure I’m going to like the liner after a couple of years fade.

Comment

Another thing to consider is cleaning it. Liner has lots of texture dirt finds its way into and mud sticks to. That accelerates it looking bad and makes it a little harder to just spray off. Not that big a deal for a ranch ride i suppose.

Comment

I just lined my entire Tacoma with raptor lining and very happy with the decision.

Comment

We have a lot of wrapped company trucks, after a few years in the sun removing the wrap is next to impossible. The sun makes the wrap brittle and it will not just peel off. It's such a pain that we sell them with the wrap still on. My last truck was wrapped and after 7 years I would consider it punishment to have someone try and remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                    We have a lot of wrapped company trucks, after a few years in the sun removing the wrap is next to impossible. The sun makes the wrap brittle and it will not just peel off. It's such a pain that we sell them with the wrap still on. My last truck was wrapped and after 7 years I would consider it punishment to have someone try and remove it.
                    Have you ever tried to get rhino liner off? It cracks also.

Comment

What about ceramic paint? I seem to remember an thread on here a while back about someone getting his truck done.

Since I'm back in the rust belt I've been contemplating getting my truck wrapped. Just not sure if it'll help with corrosion resistance or not....

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        What about ceramic paint? I seem to remember an thread on here a while back about someone getting his truck done.

Since I'm back in the rust belt I've been contemplating getting my truck wrapped. Just not sure if it'll help with corrosion resistance or not....

Haven’t seen the ceramic paint. I will have to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X