Older Deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Deer?

I have a buck on camera with a wonky rack. I am trying to figure out if he just has health issues or if he is older than I think. His front legs bow in at the knee and they seem to be a touch knobby. He is also always standing with his rear "ankles" nearly touching. I don't see a pronounced sway back or potbelly though. There isn't just a real saggy brisket. No, I have no history of this deer that I am aware of.

In the picture he is to the left of the feeder facing it. 4th one he has moved to the right still facing the feeder

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fargus; 09-02-2022, 03:01 PM.

To me he looks fully mature maybe even post mature. Have to lay eyes on him to be sure but I think your right with what you are thinking. #dirtnap

Comment

Last edited by GroceryGetter; 09-02-2022, 03:05 PM. Reason: Wrong URL

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
        To me he looks fully mature maybe even post mature. Have to lay eyes on him to be sure but I think your right with what you are thinking. #dirtnap
        I would agree.

Comment

He won't be shot. We are in an AR county

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            He won't be shot. We are in an AR county
            He isn’t legal?

Comment

Unless you have a ton of mature bucks and just want to kill him just because. I would give him a pass. He looks mature and healthy, just messed up his pedicles. More than likely will come back fine next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                He isn’t legal?
                I don't see him as being legal. Not sure which one a GW would consider his main beam on that left side.

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                Unless you have a ton of mature bucks and just want to kill him just because. I would give him a pass. He looks mature and healthy, just messed up his pedicles. More than likely will come back fine next year.
                Bah, I have no desire to shoot that deer. Just curious if he was older or just had a rough life.

Comment

He doesnt look to old. Maybe 4 or 5, heck of a trophy though.
                  The regs say, “the widest point, inside spread”, so he may be close.
                  Pretty cool buck.
                  Last edited by lovemylegacy; 09-03-2022, 05:42 AM.

Comment

I think he is 5-6 and will be +13" maybe pushing 15"

I am a half full guy...

Comment

He's in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X