any tips for improving accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    TxTrophy85 in the end you need to shoot the way it fulfills you. If it doesn't then you'll lose the drive for it.
    I was one who said I didn't want an "aiming system" but things changed for me.
    The coolest thing about this is making it yours.
    Unto thine own self be true.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
    Agreed!

Comment

Well said, Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        This is some sage information right here^^^^^^.

Maybe the best post on the whole thread?

Hey Boogieman, how come you never post any LDPs in the Trad Harvest thread? We love to have you participate!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I believe I have posted a few pics. But I will step up my participation. I enjoy looking at everyone else’s. Won’t be long, good times are coming!
        Attached Files

Comment

instinctive

I have been doing it since i was in my late 20s when i left the wheelie and I am 56 now. It was a struggle the first year or so but if you figure out the basics and realize you have to hit the same anchor every time and get full back tension and never lose your spot and keep your bow arm rock solid the arrow always goes where it is suppose to go. don't do those and it won' go there. I took 20 at the ranch last year and have been doing 6-16 animals about every year since I started back then, been to Africa early on and took about 6 diy elk when I lived in idaho. Did it always go well hell no but every track and shot teaches you a lesson so that you learn what to do or not do next go round. You can definitely do it. You have to put in quality practice time with frequent shorter sessions including 1 arrow sessions is key. if you are hunting elk practice out to 40-50 if white tail then keep it close sitting position standing elevated etc and accurate and finish with a good arrow, practice how you play. if I am rattling in bucks to the bow I prefer my instinctive style I would not want to gap a running deer at close range. The 4 I have taken in 20 years were all running 4-12 yards. everyone has their own style and you will develop yours , good luck on the journey!
          Last edited by stickbow; 08-15-2022, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I have two issues going on….my elbow not being high enough causing a crappy release and me moving my bow arm just prior or during the release.

I’ve been able to identify this and when I bear down and concentrate on form, accuracy is not an issue.

Also agree on the one arrow session as being a great tool

Comment

Just accept that all of us will have a bad shoot. When this happens, get close or put it up for the day. I use 1 arrow for practice, no groups. and shoot about once a week. I shoot instinctive and split finger and know its 99% mental. There's days I can't miss and days I can't hit the ground if I dropped it. Traditional is simple but alot of newcomers over complicated it.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol. That always cracks me up. It's simple.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X