Cooler Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooler Size

I'm in the market for a new cooler, and am trying not to go overly large. I want enough room to fit a whole deer, quartered and have enough room to pack in plenty of ice.

What size cooler is everyone using for this? I suppose another cooler for the head of a buck, for the taxidermist?

Thanks
    Grumpy

I quartered up a 100 lb deer last weekend and put it in my 50 qt Brute. That was plenty room for meat and ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Start at 50 and if need be more but not much more

Comment

My 65 yeti/rtic will do two deer and ice. One with a ton of ice.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

90-120qt. nicer igloo or coleman for the bloody stuff. Don't mind leaving it at the processor if need be. Don't need nothing fancy to ice down meat. Keep my nice coolers for the beer n food!

Comment

50-65 quart is what you’re looking for. Just buy a Coleman. Cheap and effective.

Comment

100 Qt igloo. Get one of those Ice chest they make for the cape and head

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                100 Qt igloo. Get one of those Ice chest they make for the cape and head
                110 Qt igloo with wheels, best deal going in no rotomold coolers imo.

Keeps Ice plenty long enough and doesn't weigh a ton either.

Stainless hardware doesn't fail as quickly as the plastic stuff does (mine has yet to anyways) .

Comment

I fit one deer quartered in a 70 qt cooler. It’s pretty tight on a bigger buck, but it works.

Comment

I would think 110 at least..

Comment

I can put 1 buck easily in my 50 qt Frio with plenty of room for ice. I usually take 2 in case I get a couple of deer so I'm not breaking my back on a heavy icechest.

Comment

If you don’t take a cooler to the lease you will kill a nice buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

50-65 quart. I’ve got an RTIC 110 and it’s a PIA to move around

Comment

120qt will fit 6 Does quartered up and the trimmings with a little ice. Will also fit a whole doe on the hoof. The RTIC and Yetis start getting heavy the bigger they get then add meat and ice and you might need a forklift to get it moved.

Comment

Rtic over 65 suck. I’ve got a 145 and the lid warps. Yeti makes better coolers for one simple fact. They’re feet don’t come out like the Rtic do. I’ve got a 65 yeti and Rtic. Both work well and are plenty of room for a quartered deer. Rtic feet frustrate the crap out of me.

Comment

Working...
                              X