No announcement yet.

Going To Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't need no stinking lights. Welcome to Big D.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
      This is probably the worst lit up town I’ve ever seen in my life. Freeways without lights really?
      So, what did you wind up doing besides going to the fair? Aside from road lighting, what did you like / dislike? Curious of a visitors perspective of little dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Yes to Campisi's.
        Been by a million times and never eaten there.

Didn’t stop me from chasing Amber around a bit however 😂

Comment

This is probably the worst lit up town I’ve ever seen in my life. Freeways without lights really?
          I drive through there as fast as possible. And each time wish and hope to never have to go through Dallas again.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
            So, what did you wind up doing besides going to the fair? Aside from road lighting, what did you like / dislike? Curious of a visitors perspective of little dallas.
            The airb&b was horrible. Will do a response today on the stay. No TV - coffee pot did not work - pot hole in driveway - a million mosquitoes - etc..............
            We went to the Movie house where you buy dinner and a movie. { Both of us got sick on the food}
            Went to the Peroit museum and that was interesting for an hour.
            Went to Perry's steak house and loved it. { a Houston based company}
            Went to the fair and after an hour in the line to get to the front gate we gave up and drove to the hill country for the rest of the weekend.

Dallas in the rear view mirror is the best idea. I thought Houston was bad. We will not be back...................
            Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 10-02-2019, 04:35 AM.

Comment

The airb&b was horrible. Will do a response today on the stay. No TV - coffee pot did not work - pot hole in driveway - a million mosquitoes - etc..............
              We went to the Movie house where you buy dinner and a movie. { Both of us got sick on the food}
              Went to the Peroit museum and that was interesting for an hour.
              Went to Perry's steak house and loved it. { a Houston based company}
              Went to the fair and after an hour in the line to get to the front gate we gave up and drove to the hill country for the rest of the weekend.

Dallas in the rear view mirror is the best idea. I thought Houston was bad. We will not be back...................
              Now that was a Good idea.
              Left that $h!1hole 7yrs ago, after a 13yr stint. Had all I wanted of that concrete nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                Left that $h!1hole 7yrs ago, after a 13yr stint. Had all I wanted of that concrete nightmare.
                No amount of pay from a job would ever be enough to work or live there. Hope to sell every last bit of land and never see the city or county again.

Comment

Sorry it didn't work out for ya Johnny. I was born and raised here so I guess I'm just used to it. Cities vary on how people feel about them. Most of they way folks look at Dallas on here is how I feel about Houston.

Comment

My brother in law had the same thing to say about San Antonio, he hated that place. They broke in his car, Airbnb sucked, got sick from eating at the Ruth Chris. Said the riverwalk was a concrete ditch surrounded by thieves.

Comment

Well, you coulda salvaged a little bit with a stop at Hererra's on the way out of town. The fair part doesn't surprise me. BNB's are a crapshoot in my limited experience. Sorry the trip wasn't better.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        I'm getting more and more tired of it everyday. Where to go? What job to get? If i was a single man I could fly outta here in 30 seconds. But, kids in daycare, working wife, family close by, etc.... logistics are a tad bit more complex.

Comment

Man I've never had an issue with long lines to get into the fair. Not even on TX/OU gameday.

I feel the same way about Houston. I'll take DFW.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                            I'm getting more and more tired of it everyday. Where to go? What job to get? If i was a single man I could fly outta here in 30 seconds. But, kids in daycare, working wife, family close by, etc.... logistics are a tad bit more complex.
                            It's one of those things you just gotta do.
                            I showed up one day and told my girl, we gone. She finally came around .
                            We worked the logistics out over the next 2 yrs, and I commuted 3 hrs, 1 way, to Dallas for work until we did. One of the best decisions I've ever made.
                            No kids though, so it isn't quite the situation you're in.

Comment

Now you know why the Dallas cowboys moved to Arlington

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                                Now you know why the Dallas cowboys moved to Arlington
                                You do know that they were in Irving before Arlington, right? They haven't been in Dallas since the 70's.

Comment

Working...
                                X